Don't slip next to a zx10...

Biggest thing on all of these bikes is how they hold up wit modifications. To early to tell for the zx-10 We will see. Busa as all you know is one of the most durable bikes around. Also at top end I would not want to be on a 300lb bike. However Suzuki will have to do something or eventually they will be dicontinuing mfg. the Busa. That is a ways off.

Just wondering, if you were to drop one tooth in the front or go up 2 - 3 in the back wouldn't the busa still be king of the top end as well as pole to pole? (stock gearing 17f 40r)
blush.gif

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: "fix smile"|1082775350 -->

Hey guys, don't let the 10R get your (our) knickers in a bunch.  Our bikes, at least the newer ones are restricted to 186 MPH with stock gearing.  If we change to a 41 tooth rear sprocket then our new top speed will be 181.35 MPH and our acceleration will be roughly 5% quicker.  If that's not enough then go to a 43 tooth rear sprocket and de-restrict.

Granted the new liter bikes are quick but according to some published 1/4 mile times by reputable bike mags it seems the Busa is still king of the 1/4.

In the recent Sport Rider (June 2004) they put the 04 liters head-to-head...the results:

CBR: 10.16 @ 142.1
ZX-10: 9.92 @ 147.4
GSXR: 9.96 @ 144.7
R1: 9.93 @ 147.4

In June 2000, Motorcyclist ran the Busa to:

9.86 @ 140.3

In the same month, Cycleworld ran it to:

9.86 @ 145.80

I do not have a copy of those (Busa) tests so I assume they were bone stock.

The point here is the new 04's were built to compete against the GSXR1000 not the busa, and considering most of the these new bikes have the aerodynamics of a wiffle ball I doubt the Busa has anything to worry about on the top end...but even if someone eventually knocks off the Busa then keep in mind that it took 5+ years for them to do it.

Just my $.02

<!--EDIT|5280Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082764843 -->

Granted the new liter bikes are quick but according to some published 1/4 mile times by reputable bike mags it seems the Busa is still king of the 1/4.

In the recent Sport Rider (June 2004) they put the 04 liters head-to-head...the results:

CBR: 10.16 @ 142.1
ZX-10: 9.92 @ 147.4
GSXR: 9.96 @ 144.7
R1: 9.93 @ 147.4

In June 2000, Motorcyclist ran the Busa to:

9.86 @ 140.3

In the same month, Cycleworld ran it to:

9.86 @ 145.80

I do not have a copy of those (Busa) tests so I assume they were bone stock.

The point here is the new 04's were built to compete against the GSXR1000 not the busa, and considering most of the these new bikes have the aerodynamics of a wiffle ball I doubt the Busa has anything to worry about on the top end...but even if someone eventually knocks off the Busa then keep in mind that it took 5+ years for them to do it.

Just my $.02
Good point but...Yeah, yeah, yeah...Perfect track, conditions and pro riders...Real world the Busa now has a challenger...Real world the majority of races never go top end...
evil.gif

Goody Goody maybe I will see some more Ninjas to eat. 12's sure as heck don't stick around.
biggrin.gif

Lowering gearing reduces top speed on the busa but I don't know how much.  [/QUOTE]

Hrmm...
I have a 16T front on mine with GPS and 6th gear pushin' 9.5K I was right at 150mph... This dont sound right though?

But anyway, I personally dont care if even the 600cc bikes became faster or quicker then my Busa. To me, those smaller bikes feel like mopeds when sitting on them and listening to their little high reving torqueless motors. And the overall feel of them is light & toyish to me. But I guess that is why the BUSA is in a LEAGUE of its own. It is sporty as hell, but it is in the sport-touring category.

To summerize what I am saying up, is that the BUSA is all around Bad-Ass and quickness/speed is not the most important thing....to me anyway. I dont go out to the track every weekend either so maybe its just me.  
wink.gif

<!--EDIT|quazy
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082871162 -->

Back