Don't slip next to a zx10...

STUNNAH

THE "STUNGUN" IS BACK!&#33
Donating Member
Registered
Well saw a zx10 in action last nite...1/8th mile track...The rider was not familiar with the lights or launch...Bike ran close to a 100mph in 1st gear...Didn't have to swap to 2nd until 50-75 yards before end of track...If it's regeared it's gonna be hell to deal with...The times weren't good low 7's but that's due to the rider...Don't freak around with this bike...If one pulls up on you and knods you better chop it's head and chop it quick...
evil.gif

i ran one last weekend in the quarter and he was runnin bout 10.5,10.6 each pass...it was only his first time out and he had just over 600 miles on it. i expect to see him in the 9's this summer.
04 zx-10r is no joke.watch out!

The key is to strap a turbo on the busa and then go lookin for a kawi to nod to !!

cap

Not taking anything away from the ZX10, but damn! That thing weighs in the 300+ pound area. We ride a bike that weighs approx. 130 to 150 lbs more, so what do you expect? Rider skill still plays a part, but if you put equally skilled riders on both the Busa and the ZX10, then watch a real shootout. I don't take many bets on 1/4 mile stuff when it comes to bikes like this, but to be the king of speed means which has the higher top end.

Brian

...but to be the king of speed means which has the higher top end.

Brian
Yeah, but bein' King of the strip or street fights doesn't involve top end as much or nearly as often. How many street races do you see, run, read about where two bikes find a place long enough to top out and just hold 'em wide fuggin' open until it stops pullin'?
rock.gif
I haven't street raced in years and have NEVER street raced a bike but the races I've ran or even read about here and elsewhere are mostly roll-ons and blasts through the gears with the occasional line up with a launch involved.

Sure a busa will crush a litre bike on top end in 6th gear, but how are you gonna feel when you're out and about and get yer ass handed to ya by someone on a litre bike while you're ridin' what *USED* to be the undisputed King? If Suzuki doesn't make some changes to the busa soon, I'm afraid it's status as the bad ass is gonna be overshadowed, at least in some aspects, by friggin' litre bikes.

FWIW, before someone replies to me sayin' how the busa is more comfortable, etc...Yeah, I know all that. I don't plan on tradin' my busa for a ZX-10. It's just that the litre bikes seem to be catchin' up fast in 1/4 mile drag racin' and street battles, which happens to be an aspect that I'm highly interested in. Ya'll can say what ya want, but it's apparently a very real possibility that you could get yer ass handed to ya by a good rider on a 10 if your busa is stock and you jump 'em on the street or strip.

I think things are so close on the street and strip already with the 04 litre bikes that it comes down to rider skill. One mistake on the King and you get schooled. Just look at the comments in this thread and you'll see the fear. Hell, you can almost smell it! There's already talk about runnin' turbos or NOS shots to show up a 10! Gettin' nervous folks?
rock.gif
laugh.gif

I plan to keep a busa for a long time to come for several reasons besides it's status as king of strip and street so knowing this doesn't really change things for me. I'm just sayin', things are sure gettin' very interesting!
biggrin.gif

If Zuk is listening...

***SUZUKI, GET OFF YOUR ASS AND UPDATE THE BUSA OR GET READY TO HAND OVER THE STREET/STRIP KING TITLE YOU BEEYOTCHES.***

rock.gif

Have to agree with ya on that one Bullet, If the Busa isn't upgraded
in 05' I think things will change drastically. I always liking the
current Busa reign to the fact that the Busa has decreased in
performance since gov't regulation since 00'. However, the liter
bikes and 12 cont to upgrade their performance and the Busa
is still at the top of the list, pending rider & mods or course. That's
an amazing feat considering no major changes for 5 years
and still to be the bike to beat. 2005 will be an interesting year
indeed. SO LIKE BULLET SAID SUZUKI GET IT IN GEAR BABY!!
YOU'VE GOT LOYAL BUSA RIDERS AS LONG AS THE BUSA IS
STILL THE BIKE TO BEAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
mad.gif

in 05' I think things will change drastically.  I always liking the
performance since gov't regulation since 00'.  However, the liter
is still at the top of the list, pending rider & mods or course.  That's
indeed.  SO LIKE BULLET SAID SUZUKI GET IT IN GEAR BABY!!
mad.gif
Dawg, not to nitpick or anything but it wasn't govt regulation that clipped the busa's and 12's nuts. It was an industry "truce" to prevent govt intervention that gave us the 186 top end limit. According to all the reading I've done on it, the manufacturers done it themselves to keep the govt from doin' somethin' really stupid and restrictin' us even more. So, while govt regulation, or the fear of same, did play a part, the govt didn't actually drop the axe.
wink.gif

It was an industry "truce" to prevent govt intervention that gave us the 186 top end limit. According to all the reading I've done on it, the manufacturers done it themselves to keep the govt from doin' somethin' really stupid and restrictin' us even more. So, while govt regulation, or the fear of same, did play a part, the govt didn't actually drop the axe.
wink.gif
Same thing I read

Yeah have to agree with Bullet and the follow-up by BigDawg...Suzuki mustmake performance upgrades with the Busa and 1000...What's in our favor???Bikes are selling like 40 going west and it's the current crave and will be for a few years...Performance equates to dollars...I luv my Busa but if Suzuki doesn't get off their a$$ I may venture away for my next purchase...
evil.gif

The key is to strap a turbo on the busa and then go lookin for a kawi to nod to !!

cap
I'm strapped...But I did it more so to be different not to whip up on folks...But in order for the Busa to remain competitive it looks like major performance upgrades may become necessary...
evil.gif

Top end...Yeah the Busa may still rule but I wouldn't just bet all my mad money on that either...Bikes ain't about top end...On the street it's damn near utility pole to utility pole and the aftermath with alot of shat talking...I ain't trying to hear that shat either...
evil.gif

I own an 01 1k and from looking at Revlis' post about the new liter bikes, the power isn't much different....only by a couple ponies. I believe that they can only put so much HP in a bike weighing that light and still be effective in 1/4 mile launching. Beside, all things in life ( including human athletes ) get replace by better and more advance products.

yep...sounds like we're in for a heckuva time.

Oooh boy....sounds like it's gonna be in for quite a ride.

in 05' I think things will change drastically.  I always liking the
performance since gov't regulation since 00'.  However, the liter
is still at the top of the list, pending rider & mods or course.  That's
indeed.  SO LIKE BULLET SAID SUZUKI GET IT IN GEAR BABY!!
mad.gif
Dawg, not to nitpick or anything but it wasn't govt regulation that clipped the busa's and 12's nuts. It was an industry "truce" to prevent govt intervention that gave us the 186 top end limit. According to all the reading I've done on it, the manufacturers done it themselves to keep the govt from doin' somethin' really stupid and restrictin' us even more. So, while govt regulation, or the fear of same, did play a part, the govt didn't actually drop the axe.
wink.gif
No not the govt, but heat from what the govt would do. So indirectly the govt is responsible for the restriction. From behind the scenes that is.

Back