I'm thinking about a busa

KnightTLS

Registered
Hello everyone.  I'm doing my research to see what kind of bike I want for my next bike.  I've been riding a TL for a long time and simply ready for something else.  I don't want anything smaller than a liter.  I'm 5'9 210..I don't really do track days but I ride pretty hard when I can.  I'm stuck between getting a brand new gixk5, zx10, or a busa...my only problems with the busa is that I hear it doesn't hold it's weight well in handling but my thing is I'm not doing track days on the thing so what difference does it make.  I just want to know what your honest likes and dislikes about the bike are.  other than the power.

<!--EDIT|KnightTLS
Reason for Edit: None given...|1125518689 -->

I'm about your weight, albeit a bit taller (6') and the Busa fits me perfectly. You won't hear a single complaint about the handing from me!
smile.gif

Just to make sure I am understanding your question are you talking about flickability of the bike and the ability to ride in the twisties?

I guess both. I love twisties and don't want to lose that in a bike. how is the flickability of the bike vs other bike ou've rode. I don't need to get my knee down on every turn but when I sat on one this weekend it just felt big as s@it.

The bike is big and will take some getting used to for the twisties. You can do some suspension adjustments to help, but practice and comfort are the only cures to getting that feel of other lighter bikes.

Get the suspension set up right and you'll be fine on a Busa. If you're trying to race 600's through the canyons, however, you'll have a tough time keeping up.

--Wag--

I think the Bus handles very well...God, get all three, dude. Wouldn't that be the dream, huh?
smile.gif

I wouldn't go back from a Bus. I like the 10's, but wouldn't buy one, and the K5 is beautiful and apparently is mean as hell, but I would never sell my Bus. IN ADDITION TO my Bus, if I had the money, I would buy a K5...

If you don't really give two hoots about "carving," I would get the Bus. My ONLY complaint about the Bus is a negligence in cornering at high speeds, mind you I am no expert, but at high speeds she is really, really hard for me to hold down in a line.

my only advice is: if your getting it for yourself,the the busas the way to go,if you want to ride with a bunch of friends with more flickable bikes then you should probably go that way.
I'm 5'11" and 230,and have no problems keeping up with the smaller bikes(but I live in FL. with not many curvey roads).

Hello everyone. I'm doing my research to see what kind of bike I want for my next bike. I've been riding a TL for a long time and simply ready for something else. I don't want anything smaller than a liter. I'm 5'9 210..I don't really do track days but I ride pretty hard when I can. I'm stuck between getting a brand new gixk5, zx10, or a busa...my only problems with the busa is that I hear it doesn't hold it's weight well in handling but my thing is I'm not doing track days on the thing so what difference does it make. I just want to know what your honest likes and dislikes about the bike are. other than the power.
...anybody telling you that the busa does not handle its weight well is a lie!! The busa is a very balanced bike!!

I would personally suggest you to go either for the Busa or the K5. They are both good bikes... and insanely fast!! Buy the one that fits you the best!

I've been in love with the Bus since 99 finally got one this year and its everything I wanted. While not as flickable as the lighter bikes anyone saying it won't corner is flat wrong, any bike will corner the rider is what decides how a bike corners, yes the factory suspension needs to be adjusted to really get the feel for corner carving but for me in lubbock tx I've left it alone who needs it out here on flat ground no tracks or mountains within 400 miles so I'm leaving it for the ride and trust me the Busa is very comfy. and lightning fast to boot.

The busa corners well but the smaller bikes can react faster because of the lighter weight and lower center of gravity. You may not be passing the other bikes in the corner but you will leave them coming out of the corners.

I don't understand why people say the bus dosent "handle well" in the twists. If you got the cojones it will handle wonderfully. It is awkward at first. I would go with the bus because it has the best of everything.

Im in the process of selling my truck and my bike as soon as their gone I'm gonna star looking. I cant decide between buying brand new one or a used one. Any thoughts? 06 Bus? any one heard of any major changes before I buy an 04 or 05.. I would hate to buy an 04/05 and then something changes for 06. When do they come out any way

Back