I'm thinking about one, too

Thanks again, all. There is a Suzuki dealer near me, in a little town called Haverstraw, along the Hudson. Guy (that's his name) seems pretty nice, seems to sell alot of American Ironhorse choppers- not my cup of tea, but my neighbor, Dave Finn, builds beautiful customs. I might take a trip to Haverstraw and throw my leg over one. Of course, we'll then have to talk about pipes, and all the other stuff that seems to get done right out of the box.
The car is a Diablo 6.0, build date June 2001, one of the last ones. If you know Lambo's it's really the best of the Diablos, at least among the ones available in America, because it took advantage of the running improvements, has the big engine, and a gorgeous interior. As some of you may know, the car was built under Audi's new ownership of the company, but shortly after they did that run of Diablos, it was discontinued in favor of the new Murcielago, which is a better performing car, but more teutonic, betraying its German association. The interior of the Murcie is also spartan, compared to the 6.0, which is sort of the last of the truly Italianate Lambos: here's a clearer shot and i can post a pic or two more, including the interior, if you've never seen the 6.0:

<!--EDIT|whart
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117725271 -->

rosso_Vik_004.jpg

a few more pics of the 6.0 for your consideration:

<!--EDIT|whart
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117725554 -->

Rosso_Vic_6_1_.0_005.jpg

Its a nice car, why doesnt it have a tag on it? You do drive right?
rock.gif

And welcome! Go ahead and write the check, the busa will look good in that stable!
smile.gif

i want to built the lambo kit car,,more suited for my income,,but i want to use the 1987 Buick Grand national Turbo engine,,i have a buick GN and that has to be the most fun car for acceleration that i have ever drove,,it's pretty bad when my GN accelerates as quick as my busa,,my buick is capable of 10.50's in 1/4 but the busa would still win
here is a pic of the engine,,couldn't find one of the car

Picture_471__Small_.jpg

nitrous: I run a rear plate on the car, but not a front one, which would require drilling the nose, not something i would ever do to the car deliberately. The rear shot was taken at the dealer's, before delivery to me, that's why it bears the dealer's plate there. (I have alot of pics of the car, but most of them aren't on this hard drive, so in the interests of time, i posted a couple taken after delivery to me, and a rear shot, pre-delivery). Thanks for the kudos, guys. I'll keep you informed on the BUsa endeavor.

I'd keep the FJR, sell the Diablo and get the Busa...then you'd have a $11K 2 wheeled Diablo convertible.
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|skater69
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117777955 -->

Whart, does the car sound anything like they the sound bites we here on television?
rock.gif

Nitrous: i usually only get to hear the car from the inside, because i'm the one driving it. When i picked it up at the mechanic's last week, he backed it out, and at idle/low speed, it's a little raspy but not too loud. (I'm running the stock exhaust). The car makes alot of torque way down low in the rev range, and it's awd to boot, so it's pretty mild mannered unless you get on it. At about 4k rpms, it starts to go from a hummm, buzzz sound to a deeper growl inside the cockpit, keep in mind that you are doing over 120 in 3 gear and still have not redlined- at 140 in 4th, you still have easily 70% pedal left. You also begin to feel a stronger buzz in your ass, because you are basically sitting right on top of, in front of a 6 litre 12 cyl. engine that conservatively makes 550hp in stock form. The car is extremely fast, not quick if you get the distinction, and at go to jail speeds the car will not be working very hard if you are in the correct gear. I have not done any top speed runs with it yet, i will when i take it out west. I don't know what the sound bites make it sound like, usually, the ones i hear on the Internet can't capture what any car or bike really sounds like in person. The absolute nastiest exhaust i've heard in person is on a 512 BB/LM, a late 70's flat 12 Ferrari racing car: when the car is revving in the pits, it shrieks, at aircraft take-off decibels, and will make you flinch, even standing some distance away from the car.
The last car I had before the Diablo was a GT2 set up as a club sport with a Fabspeed exhaust- it was superloud. People loved it, but after a while, it droned, and gave me a slight headache.

<!--EDIT|whart
Reason for Edit: None given...|1117786158 -->

oh, yeah, back to Busa's for a minute.
smile.gif
What is the preferred after-market exhaust, and can you reprogram the stock ECU or do you need to add a Power Commander?

oh, yeah, back to Busa's for a minute.
smile.gif
 What is the preferred after-market exhaust, and can you reprogram the stock ECU or do you need to add a Power Commander?
The exhaust choice depends on your desired results, power, sound or looks. Some of the major choices are (in no particular order) HMF, Yoshimura, Hindle, Muzzy, Micron, Akropovic, I'm sure there are more that I can't think of. A PC is highly advised, but not required. Mapping the ecu is not as accurate.

Back