Help me decide

TakRail

Registered
I've wanted a Busa for years. This year I'm finally going to get one, just have to get the BMW bike paid off first.

I know I want a Busa but something in the back of my mind keeps saying to get either a Ducati 1098 or a GSXR 1000. I know the reason I want a Ducati. Part is because, well, its a Ducati and part because that is my youngest son's middle name.

I'm kind of wondering about the GSXR 1000 though. How it compares to the power of the Busa. I know the Busa is going to be WAY more conferable to ride especially for long distances.

Basically I'd like to hear from those that have or have had both a Busa and a 1000 and why did you go with what.

Tell us a lil bout you for starters. Weight,age height, what you are wanting out of the bike? Speed, twisties, drag, or track ? That will help us, help you out alot more.
beerchug.gif

So is your son's first name Aprilla?
rock.gif
My brother and his wife love to golf and they named their first daughter Calloway. It happens you know...

Aww common, I had to ask and the rest of you were wondering!

rock.gif
My brother and his wife love to golf and they named their first daughter Calloway. It happens you know...

Good thing I didn't name my kids after my golf game. My first son would have been named freaking slice, and my second godd@mmit!
laugh.gif

rock.gif

Good thing I didn't name my kids after my golf game. My first son would have been named freaking slice, and my second godd@mmit!
laugh.gif
spewing more coffee on keyboard....

back to topic...

what do you want the bike for? riding, posing, going fast, going around corners? make the list noted in earlier post...

If your just riding around town, Sat morning runs to Coffee Shops or Bike Nights, go Duc
ThumbsUp.gif
. BUT if you really want to ride on short or long trips, with all day comfort, then it's the Busa Hands down
banana.gif

Ok, Sense I'm sure your curious. Yes my youngest sons name is Dustin Ducati. Nope it was not my idea, although I like it. My wife and a friend were sitting around one day when she was about 6 months along thinking of middle names, we had already decided on Dustin for the first. They made a few comments about how I'd prob want to make it Dustin Suzuki or something that had to do with motorcycles. My wife said na, how bout Dustin Ducati... It just sounded good so it stayed.

As for the bike. I prefer a mild to moderate riding style with an occasional bat out of hell run. I normally don't ride like I have to be in first place. I like being conferable while I ride and still want to be conferable with 2 up, or the bike full of gear for a week long riding vacation. I'm 34, 5'7" and weight about 200.

As for the bike. I prefer a mild to moderate riding style with an occasional bat out of hell run. I normally don't ride like I have to be in first place. I like being conferable while I ride and still want to be conferable with 2 up, or the bike full of gear for a week long riding vacation. I'm 34, 5'7" and weight about 200.
The busa can't be beat for all day comfort and 2up comfort. The duc and gix1k will have you howling in pain after a relatively short time.

The busa can't be beat for all day comfort and 2up comfort.  The duc and gix1k will have you howling in pain after a relatively short time.
+1

Back