Help my buddy decide...

I have a friend who has a Hyosung 650....PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE save your friend and dont let him do it!  The bike only has 4,000 miles on it, already has gone through 2 sets of brake pads, it feels very cheap when riding it, and worst of all, the resale value is terrible.  My buddy is trying to get rid of his, and dealerships only want to give him around $4,000 for a 2006 model with the low miles.   Where are you located?
Located in Southeast Alabama.  Dothan to be specific.
My buddy is here in central Fl....if your friend is really looking, im sure my friend will give him a decent deal, he just wants to get rid of it.

SV650.........Good Option not mentioned!
beerchug.gif

The Hyo may be "cheap" looking and all, but think about the Hyundai cars. When they first got here, they were cheap too. Now they are pretty nice rides!

here comes the flames but I do not feel either bike is a "Great" first bike.. SV650 would be a better choice IMO..  easier to ride while he learns the ropes and reflexes needed for street life..  Perhaps if he has a lot of dirt bike time it would be safer.. but still a lot of bike to learn on..
I'd actually put the Ninja 650R in the same class a SV650, power delivery anyhow. It does have more plastic to damage in a drop however.

Of the two the Ninja is going to have better parts availability, Higher predicted reliability, and much higher percentage of resale if he is going to upgrade later.

Why does he not look at the gs500f?? Good cheap bike, REAL easy on gas. They don't look too bad either...oh, and cheap insurance as well.

08gs500f.jpg

here's one in black... heck, you can pick these up for 4800 new. That leaves money for ins, gear,gas....whatever...

08gs500fb.jpg

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES BUY A HYOHUNKOSHITE

A friend of Rubber2burn & mine had one. She had 2 engine & a transmission go out in 1200 miles. It is an absolute piece of garbage. She had everything done at the dealership too. They bought her bike back & got her another one. This one would not even start, stranded her twice. They bought that one back & gave her all the $ she spent on the bike & mods.

Back