OK still slipping

Kassofcmb

Registered
I posted on here rather a while back about the bike making a slipping feeling at about 4k rpm in 1st and 2nd gear. I replaced the clutch plates and fibers with oem parts (well minus one of the thick plates which i took from the old set cause the shop shorted me one) and I am still slipping.

Question is should I replace again (maybe with high performance clutch)?

Does anyone think this may be a worn sprocket?
(I was planning to replace anyways)

Or does anyone think this is my worst nightmare (transmission problems)?

If it is tranny, what horribleness am I in for?

-Kass

How hard are you riding when you feel it. The clutch can get heatsoaked and feel a lil slippery.
Also you may just take out your clutch and see if the steels are burnt or glazed. Doesn't really sound tranny related but I'm no expert or even close to being one on trannys either.
Posted via Mobile Device

Could be the slave not fully disengaging. ??? There is a lot of gunk around that area and they are prone to leaking. I would check that. Do you have any problems at start or stops engaging or disengaging at all? ???

Also, taking it a bit further, did you install the trust washer? AND,, if you removed the clutch sleeve hub and re-installed it,, did you install the washer ring with the convex side OUT?

After installing the 'Clutch Sleeve Hub Nut',, after torquing to 68.5 lb-ft ,,,did you lock the hub nut with a center punch?

define your "feels like it is slipping" better...

motor speeding up? jerking? banging?

Nope definitely the 1st and 2nd.

And cookie, I don't know much about all that. I just removed the plates and fibers and plates and put in the new ones in the correct order. Is the hub the thing they all go in?

As far as starts and stops, no I haven't had a problem. just under regular acceleration at about 3-4k it sounds (and feels) like it's slipping and then gripping. (which is scary sometimes)

RPM's jump quickly and bike slows a half a second, then it grips with kind of a clack sound. Not loud but thats about as well as I can describe it.

stack height sounds off....lmk we have all year oem clutches and extra plates here...I'm coming to paulsbo tomorrow can meet you...

Last edited:
And cookie, I don't know much about all that. I just removed the plates and fibers and plates and put in the new ones in the correct order. Is the hub the thing they all go in?

Nope, that is the clutch basket. It sounds like you didn't go in that far. So,, moving on.

I bet you have your stack arrangement wrong.

I followed the diagram Suzuki gave me and I thought I got it right. I replaced the clutch because it was doing this before.

ok, heavy springs?

Then you'll need a slave support or a billet cover.

Billet cover's protect you in more than one way - if your garbage OEM chain let's go,, or any other chain for that matter, it will guard your water pump and mostly,,, your engine case from being "KILLED" from a slapping, broken chain.

If considering heavy springs; safe insurance from the start will be the simple slave support and a quality upgraded, high tensile strength drive chain.

OK, So I have a plan I think will cover all bases now!
new OEM clutch plates and fibers
Heavy springs
billet slave support/sprocket cover
new chain
new sprockets ( I want to go -1/+2)

wife will be pissed I'm spending even MORE money on the bike but oh well, she knew I was obsessed before she married me

You can go with a welded clutch hub too. You won't believe the difference. It will eliminate the surge you get when you are in a corner and slide on the throttle - no more hesitation,, straight on acceleration. just make sure that when you do go to buy one that it has been welded by someone that used a jig to hold everything straight so as to be hub-centric.

Contact Tiger Racing's Guy Caputo's cousin Mike Caputo at Maximum Performance Cycles in Toledo, Ohio. I am sure he has a few sitting around. 419-269-1300

Hub or cam

this is the billet CAM form hayabusa zone
clutchmod.jpg

and this is their hub... I am new to clutch work so I am easily confused on part names
billetinner.jpg

Back