Who makes the best busa clutch plates?

icemansid

Donating Member
Registered
Hey all,

So heres the scoop, been drag racing, didnt replace the clutch plates last fall. first few passes went ok at the local strip. after i started to lean into it, the clutch started slipping and wouldnt hold past 6000 RPM. took it apart at the track - fiber plates pretty much shot.

So here is the question, who makes the best clutch plates?

APE is on the cheaper side, but i have seen a few posts suggesting to stay away from them.

FBG - price is ok, any thoughts there?

Stock OEM - expensive?

Next question - Whats the bennefit of heavier clutch springs?

Stock suzuki is the only way to go.

Heavier springs can give you a better "feel", but unless you need the extra pressure to keep from slipping (High HP) then they just make the lever harder to pull

that about sums it up in my book as well. :beerchug: The best may not have the lowest price.
Stock suzuki is the only way to go.

Heavier springs can give you a better "feel", but unless you need the extra pressure to keep from slipping (High HP) then they just make the lever harder to pull

+1 on the stock, and dont change the springs unless you get a clutch slave support first

I do have the clutch slave support in place already. Heard enough about clutch slave issues so i thought i would get ahead of the issue.

Back