1st and 2nd gear slip?

bflo

Registered
The other day on here I posted on how my bike doesnt seem as fast anymore like it is running at 75%. Well I took it out tonight and i felt kind of a slight hesitation like my tire was spinning in first and second gear under full throttle. It is intermittent and only happened once. Does anybody have an idea what this is? Is my clutch slipping or my 1st and 2nd gear going out? It is a 2013 with 10800 miles. Any input would be greatly appreciated

Could be spinning. Could be the clutch, but I would expect that to be more consistent and also noticeable in higher gears.

I think I know what you're describing, but not the cause or fix. I get the same thing on a GSXR600 I bought recently. My busa doesn't do it. At first, I thought the tire was spinning. It seems to happen after it's been ridden a while, and only when I'm really pushing it. I now think it's the slipper clutch letting go under heavy load, but I've never had a clutch go out on anything so not sure.
I hope you get a response from someone who's figured this out:)

BTW, I did seem to reduce it a little by adjusting the clutch cable to allow a little slack. I saw where your busa was dropped recently. You might want to check that the clutch cable didn't get changed with that. (Like keeping it from fully seating.)

Look at dadofthree's post to start . Rare that a 11,000 mile bikes clutch is toast . Usually clutch slip is detected better in higher gears from the sudden increase
in RPM's , but forward movement does not match the rate of RPM increase .

Important info to know . Is the bike drag raced ever ? Burn outs ? high gear clutch up wheelies ? I dont mean this to sound rude , but since you cant tell on your own I would assume you never looked at the clutch pack steels/fibers correct ?

Read this short link , and see pictures . Your slipper clutch I doubt highly is the cause .

Motorcycle Slipper Clutch Operation and Adjustment

Back