Called out a zx10 last night

busa1300nut

Registered
I went to Gatlinburg last night to check out the bike,s, and about 15 guys from Moristown pulled up to shoot the breeze, and one guy was on a zx10, black, with 1000 miles on the meter, I go over and start up a conversation with him and he asked me what I was riding and I pointed to my Busa and he said, Damn, are they as fast as everyone say,s they are? And I told him it run,s OK, but I would like to go to the interstate and,"check them out", just to see how the two compare. Well, he started quoting FACT,s from Sport Rider, Cycle World, and any other mag. that had anything good to say about the zx10, and finaly I said, you can,t beleive everything you read, and here is your chance to see if all the Hipe, is true or not. And ,you guessed it, he backed down like a little girl, and I told him, if he ever wanted to see how the Busa got it,s reputation, just wave me down, and we would checkm out. I also got to see my first RR1000, and I must say, it is one sweet looking ride.

what a putz

man... I was hoping this was gonna be a story of a spankin
laugh.gif

X10's are no joke. I got the chance to see it run in person. 2003 Yam R1 (stretched and a few engine mods to boot. dyno'd at 159hp's), the X10 only had 760 miles on it, but the guy who has it said he was game and off they went. The first run was over at the line, the Yam ate it up. X 10 started to reel him in at the end, but I think the Yammie rider let off. So they run 2 more times. Second run the Yam beat the 10 by a tire. The third run was a whole nother story. One of the greatest drags I have ever seen on the street. it was so close we had to wait for word from the spotter. Bone Stock X10 beat the race prep'd R1. I was very impressed.

I think the awesome thing about this bike is you don't have to prove it's performance all the time. The Kanji on the sides is enough, they know. Some people don't like to street race and it sounds like by all measures the ZX10 is a great bike. But it can't be a Busa and never will. You don't see these other bikes on the discovery channel and in the guiness book of WR's. The interesting thing about the Busa is that if it is ever dethroned, it's predecessor will never amass the amount of publicity and notariety that the Busa has because it has been a bench mark for so long.
smile.gif

I think the awesome thing about this bike is you don't have to prove it's performance all the time. The Kanji on the sides is enough, they know. Some people don't like to street race and it sounds like by all measures the ZX10 is a great bike. But it can't be a Busa and never will. You don't see these other bikes on the discovery channel and in the guiness book of WR's. The interesting thing about the Busa is that if it is ever dethroned, it's predecessor will never amass the amount of publicity and notariety that the Busa has because it has been a bench mark for so long.
smile.gif
Ain't it the truth, 10 years from now people will still be talking about the Busa.

Sometimes it only takes a little to make people back down!

smile.gif
Ummm... The 'Busa's PREDECESSOR is the ZX-11 and/or the CBR1100XX.
So far The mighty 'Busa has no SUCCESSOR, despite Kawasaki's
Best efforts with both the ZX-12 & ZX-10.

Long RULE the KING!!!

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "919"|1084157309 -->

I owned a 2000 zx11 "wrecked last year" and it was no pooch, but ran my buddys 02 busa and got spanked like I was riding a 600. That was all the motivation I needed to order my new 04 special edition. Wont get spanked like that again by any stock bike. LONG LIVE THE KING ! p.s. the zx10 is not even in the same league as the busa, and to me is strictly a track bike, unsuited for the chores of street duty ! just my .02 cents.

Funny, how everyone was worried about the 10r taking the title in 04' just a few months before its release. Well, I must say I smoked one a coulple weeks ago personally and he got a real good jump on me, I was just cruzin' in 6th and he came by and motioned for a race a in a lower gear (I think 3rd) all it took was 2clicks down followed by 2clicks up and he was OWNED!!!! Still wasn't satisfyed about the outcome being that my Bus' is far from stock and his bike was all stock. I was at Englishtown raceway park yesterday and the fastest I saw a 10r go was 10.40's there were a few and atleast one or two with the usual pipe/pwrcmdr deal goin'.Any track in the USA has atleast one or two 8-9sec Busa's runnin' on it. also saw a 10r come off the dyno only registering 144.3 or so at the wheel. A far cry from the advertised 180hp theat Kawi claimed with the little ** next to the figure.  

Now, don't get me wrong, the liter bikes of 04' are all animals including the 10r. the gixxer as well. The Hayabusa they are not. They are already built to the max from the factory, while the Busa can have gains of 30-60 hp from just headwork,cams and slight displacement increase, not to mention the turbo route should one decide to go that way (250-300+++hp). The liter bike have very little to gain.

<!--EDIT|grabntwist
Reason for Edit: "aiuosddhbnaklsdjhbasdroigvbnhadkvgnasd"|1084151262 -->

...are those busa's as fast as they say they are? ... no ... the're FASTER!
biggrin.gif

Here we go again. Whenever someone decides not to race, we get another post of a so called spankin or a chicken. I have a ZX-10 along with 4 of my friends and if you have ever seen this bike run in person than you would be laughing at the guy who posted this message. I dare anyone of you to take a stock Hyabusa and run a stock ZX-10 and post the results on here. I have seen three different runs between the two bikes in the 1/4 mile and the Busa got spanked every single time. I have also seen a Busa with full exhaust, pc, and the whole nine run a stock ZX-10 and the Busa won, but not enough to brag about, considering it was a bone stock ZX-10. Sleep on the 10R all you want, but we will see how quick you post the results of your first run in with one. And considering that you have an 02 Busa, I would expect you have made some mods, so he would have been an idiot to run against you stock and let you run off at the mouth about something only a squid would be proud of. Then again, you did start this post.
rock.gif

hmm, well I think Ninja Eater is down in your part of the world Adonis, why don't you ping him and set up a little challenge. I think you'll find out pretty quick that the busa is king
wink.gif

In all honesty, there is a guy I ride with most weekends that has a zx10. We have a nice highway here that we've played on a few times. Getting up to speed we typically run fairly close(you'd need a good stopwatch to figure out the difference) but when we get up to speed (150-160 indicated) he can't hang. These are both stock machines with full header back exhausts, NOTHING ELSE. Now this could be that he's a wussy, but I dont think so.....he said his bike doesnt feel good once he gets that fast while my busa is just yearning for me to twist my wrist a little more
biggrin.gif

The busa was built for speed, and getting there very quickly, the ZX10 (or any liter class bike) was built to tear the ass out of road courses. Put the same rider on both machines and I bet you the times will be similar on stock machines. Let the same rider invest a little time and $$$ into those stock machines and I promise you the busa spanks the 10's ass at the strip.
wink.gif

wink.gif

Here we go again. Whenever someone decides not to race, we get another post of a so called spankin or a chicken. I have a ZX-10 along with 4 of my friends and if you have ever seen this bike run in person than you would be laughing at the guy who posted this message. I dare anyone of you to take a stock Hyabusa and run a stock ZX-10 and post the results on here. I have seen three different runs between the two bikes in the 1/4 mile and the Busa got spanked every single time. I have also seen a Busa with full exhaust, pc, and the whole nine run a stock ZX-10 and the Busa won, but not enough to brag about, considering it was a bone stock ZX-10. Sleep on the 10R all you want, but we will see how quick you post the results of your first run in with one. And considering that you have an 02 Busa, I would expect you have made some mods, so he would have been an idiot to run against you stock and let you run off at the mouth about something only a squid would be proud of. Then again, you did start this post.
rock.gif
dood, yer talking poop, I will whoop your ass on my gixxer, just like I have every other ten or r-1 I have met, and yes its bone stock! bring it on, if you insist on talking smack I,ll have to post up some video of me spankin the 10 and the R-1, so put up or shud up...

Well I just tried to post and forgot to log in so I'm not typing all that out again. Long story short, Whooped a moded 10R with my busa with TRE. Whooped him 5 time on an 1/8 strip. He reaction was .5 to .6 mine was crappy .721 sad to say. but I would be him by at least .684 ( very much at least). 10r is no doubt a track bike. His mods were Micron and other little Tweaks.
biggrin.gif

rock.gif

That just wasnt right  
But I guess comments like that usually come from people with chips on their shoulders.. oh well

newbie.gif

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084238354 -->

Back