Called out a zx10 last night

Guys, guys, guys! Why do we constantly compare these machines? I mean, c'mon now, it's like comparing apples and oranges. First of all, let me just say that the Busa is still KING of top speed. Running quarters and stuff like that is totally different from the aspects of rider experience, weight, and other stuff. But c'mon now, we are comparing two bikes where one outweighs the other by 120+ lbs. These bikes aren't evenly matched at all. I've ridden with a guy who has a ZX10 and we've done roll-ons from about 50mph and I generally get the jump on him. We usually roll up to about 120 or 130mph and I usually fend him off by about a little more than a half bike's length. Granted the ZX10 "ain't no punk" by any means, but comparing the two is ridiculous. Now put a ZX10 up against an '04 R1, and let's see what the true deal is. I just keep wondering why do we constantly do this. Yes, it's cool to see how they compare, but there are too many factors that weigh against this type of comparison. I personally give much respect to both bikes, but I'm not going to be done in by thinking that the R1 or the ZX10 can just man-handle a Busa. I don't back down from any challenges either. Challenges are mostly to inflate one's ego. The rest are those who are just curious. Still there are other's like me who look at the physics and the reality and just don't give a poop. I have a buddy who has a CBR 1100XX and he always gets the jump on me, but I walk him down each and every time. In the beginning, he wanted to prove what the Blackbird could do, and would constantly toy with me and want to run against me. I won't go into the specifics, but now we just simply RIDE together...
biggrin.gif
My friend is a damn good rider and I've seen him mow down some pretty mean bikes on that Blackbird. Honestly, that bike has one of the best take-offs I've ever seen. I consider myself a pretty good rider and can run with the best of them, but don't match me against somebody who's just out to prove something that's really ridiculous. Much love to all those R1 and ZX10 riders, because everybody rides what they ride for their own reasons.

Brian

Sleep on the 10R all you want, but we will see how quick you post the results of your first run in with one. And considering that you have an 02 Busa, I would expect you have made some mods, so he would have been an idiot to run against you stock and let you run off at the mouth about something only a squid would be proud of. Then again, you did start this post.
rock.gif
Yo Squidly...just cause its an '02 doesn't mean it aint stock.
Tires, seat & screen only thing NOT stock on MY 02.
I haven't had any problems "taking" anything I've run up agains yet.
And I'm not even all that fast a rider.
Yer from Tampa so I'm sure I'll see ya around.

<!--EDIT|RaiderDm
Reason for Edit: "921"|1084223431 -->

Here we go again. Whenever someone decides not to race, we get another post of a so called spankin or a chicken. I have a ZX-10 along with 4 of my friends and if you have ever seen this bike run in person than you would be laughing at the guy who posted this message. I dare anyone of you to take a stock Hyabusa and run a stock ZX-10 and post the results on here. I have seen three different runs between the two bikes in the 1/4 mile and the Busa got spanked every single time. I have also seen a Busa with full exhaust, pc, and the whole nine run a stock ZX-10 and the Busa won, but not enough to brag about, considering it was a bone stock ZX-10. Sleep on the 10R all you want, but we will see how quick you post the results of your first run in with one. And considering that you have an 02 Busa, I would expect you have made some mods, so he would have been an idiot to run against you stock and let you run off at the mouth about something only a squid would be proud of. Then again, you did start this post.
rock.gif
Adonis, cool name but no need for the complex!! lol! I don't think anyone here is really discounting the 10r's capabilities. Yes, it's a fast bike. Yes, it's lighter than most 600's. But it no where, no how, compares to the Busa's 1/4 time. Like I said earlier in the thread I waxed one just a couple of weeks ago he even got the jump and all. I'll admit the bike was fast and It took slightly more to reel him in than with most others. I also felt like this was no big accomplishment to me being my sh*ts worked and his was stock. But here's the bottom line... ready.... if the 10r was all that on the track it would have already replaced the Busa by now. I've been to Atco and Englishtown every week since the season started and have yet to see a 10r pull faster than a 10.40 ET. I still see Busa's with none or a few mods runnin' 10's down to 9's consistantly.

Explain Kawasaki's claim of a 180hp to be an actual 144 (personally witnessed) on a dynojet dyno. I'll tell ya I would be pissed if I was a 10r owner. All I'm sayin' is on the 1/4 mile and about 90% of the roads in the USA the Busa will dominate. And yes, rider skill plays a HUGE role. I don't care if you're runnin' a turbo Busa, if you can't ride your ass will be handed to you by many others with half the bike you're on.

Having said all this, please don't take this post the wrong way!! Please!! The 10r as with many other modern sportbikes is an incredible bike that's built to it's limits. By this I mean there's not a whole heck of alot more to be done to gain hp except a pipe and pwrcmdr. Please don't hate Busa's are 10K and a dime a dozen, just go buy one and then claim to be the fastest one.

I must admit...I have been caught in the hype of the 10 also...But we all realize that the bikes are in different classes but a runner is a runner...The Busa rules and it appears there is no immediate threat...The "STUNGUN" is down with a tranny issue but will return soon and will be looking for the pretender bikes...
evil.gif

lmao ....at all this talk about the 10 , i mean all u busa owners aint got nothing to worry about only if you race from street light to street light then maybe a slight cause for concern but top end we all know who is king of the road and i hate to admit but it is the busa! i raced a 10 last week and was not impressed at all and the rider on the 10 was a buddy of mine and he is way better rider than i am and we split and he didnt walk away from me and the first roll he got me but the second i got him i had him by atleast a tire length the whole way no bs im tired of hearing hype from kawasucki's but i do give it credit its top end is better than my r1 but it is not superior to it in any way imo. so i say this 10 nice bike but maybe next year if they try harder lol green team try harder too funny anyway it is a nice bike but all that hype is exactly what it is hype !!! just my .02

I must admit...I have been caught in the hype of the 10 also...But we all realize that the bikes are in different classes but a runner is a runner...The Busa rules and it appears there is no immediate threat...The "STUNGUN" is down with a tranny issue but will return soon and will be looking for the pretender bikes...  
evil.gif
Hey Stunnahman,

The STUNGUN will be ready by Myrtle won't it..
rock.gif
?

I went to the local Zuk shop yesterday to pick up some master links and sat on the ZX10. Man, that has got to be the most uncomfortable bike on the road. I realize that I'm 6'5" and my knees come to the top of the gas tank when foot is on the pegs, but DAMN!!! The R1 is a little more forgiving to a taller person. Also, that ZX10 feels as light as a bicycle. I couldn't believe it. It's a nice lookin' bike, but it doesn't have the lines and savvy of the R1 in my opinion.

Brian

Adonis, ya know a lil board member by the name of Revlis is right down in Tampa. If I'm not mistaken his Busa is stock, might want to give him a buzz (you and your buddies) and see what's poppin.  The 10 is a monster, but IT AIN'T A BUSA!  Ya gotta give credit where credit is due until you're consistantly spankin Busas or posting better 1/4 times than an equally modded or stock Busa.  Fact of the matter is once those liter bikes hit 150 a cross wind might blow you into the next county:p. My .02!

Have a blessed one.....BD

<!--EDIT|BigDawg_03Busa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1084285953 -->

I went to the local Zuk shop yesterday to pick up some master links and sat on the ZX10.  Man, that has got to be the most uncomfortable bike on the road.  I realize that I'm 6'5" and my knees come to the top of the gas tank when foot is on the pegs, but DAMN!!!  The R1 is a little more forgiving to a taller person.  Also, that ZX10 feels as light as a bicycle.  I couldn't believe it.  It's a nice lookin' bike, but it doesn't have the lines and savvy of the R1 in my opinion.

Brian
A little off topic but, Did you have to make any mods to your Busa to make it more comfortable for a tall rider. I too am 6' 5" and just was curious.

I went to Gatlinburg last night to check out the bike,s, and about 15 guys from Moristown pulled up to shoot the breeze, and one guy was on a zx10, black, with 1000 miles on the meter, I go over and start up a conversation with him and he asked me what I was riding and I pointed to my Busa and he said, Damn, are they as fast as everyone say,s they are? And I told him it run,s OK, but I would like to go to the interstate and,"check them out", just to see how the two compare. Well, he started quoting FACT,s from Sport Rider, Cycle World, and any other mag. that had anything good to say about the zx10, and finaly I said, you can,t beleive everything you read, and here is your chance to see if all the Hipe, is true or not. And ,you guessed it, he backed down like a little girl, and I told him, if he ever wanted to see how the Busa got it,s reputation, just wave me down, and we would checkm out. I also got to see my first RR1000, and I must say, it is one sweet looking ride.
busanut1300,
my cousin has the ZX-10R in black,
and I've mentioned this before........

ever since he broke the bike in, he's been
on my ass like a boy following his mom. REAL CLOSE.
2 days ago, it was hot out but perfect weather to get dirty with the BUSA..... so we all went out to a stretch of highway later towards the night where there isn't much traffic (thousand oaks, CA) and I said let's follow kris (my boy on a 03 R1) and when he idles out at 90, me and you both nail it..... or roll on, don't stop til we hit the 23 (about 4miles)....

well
my cousin has bigger balls then me, because I stopped after 165 or so, but I was maybe 8 bike lengths ahead of him and destroyed him, the torque was just too much and when we hit the 90 roll on, he tried to downshift he said..... but it didn't matter, I killed him and when I stopped at 165, he passed me within a second and prolly slowed down at 175.

I killed him bottom line. If I was feeling like I needed to hit over 180 + then I woulda just kept killing him.
but i'll say this, he was much faster then any other bike outside a busa i've ever come in contact with.

the ZX-10 is def. the quickest bike on the streets and def. the fast litre bike out.

Busa Bro's I finally had that race with the GSXR 1000. The little guy that weghed 128lbs told me he would let me leave first, and he would catch and pass me. Well first run let him role through first. Second run, BUST HIS A$$. Third run he decided he was not going to let me leave first, but still I busted his a$$. Fourth run, he deceded he needed to come off the line a little harder, So what did I see out of the corner of my eye, the airborne front tire trying to take off into the air like a little jet plane. So all I did was shake his hand and let his buddies give him the business about the trash talk he did before our race. Chalk another one up for the Busa!

naw, R1 is gone, i'll prolly never see it again.
i'm just tryin to recover the $12,000 loss.

but i'll say this FUGGGGGG ALL LITRE BIKES.
i'm making this BUSA the meanest and cleanest bike in Cali.
I might have to go Turbo and then really smack heads around.

Busa Bro's I finally had that race with the GSXR 1000. The little guy that weghed 128lbs told me he would let me leave first, and he would catch and pass me. Well first run let him role through first. Second run, BUST HIS A$$. Third run he decided he was not going to let me leave first, but still I busted his a$$. Fourth run, he deceded he needed to come off the line a little harder, So what did I see out of the corner of my eye, the airborne front tire trying to take off into the air like a little jet plane. So all I did was shake his hand and let his buddies give him the business about the trash talk he did before our race. Chalk another one up for the Busa!
Busa:1 Gixxer 1k:0

Back