Don't cheap out on an oil filter....

Yeah I never saw any smoke.

I rode the snot out of the tire next day for 300 miles. No I'll effects at all. :D

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

Also,

This came in the mail today. They shipped out my oil and filter before I even shipped them the old filter.

image-3987877095.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

image-3987877095.jpg

Sounds like a stand up company to me but I'm an OEM kind of guy when it comes to filters and the like so I wouldn't be buying their stuff for the big girl anyway.

WOW! From the look of the oil on that tire it could have gotten real ugy fast! Someone "upstairs" must have really liked you! I only use OEM or K&N filters. I like the K&N cause they are just easier to get off.

glad to see it worked out for you.. when i change my oil filter regardless of what brand, i usually go for a little ride around block and stop and check for leaks.. i don't trust myself or the products:laugh: i might have it too tight or too lose..
once the rubber seal from old filter did not come out and i did not catch it and put the new filter , so now i have got two rubber seals!!!:banghead:
end up leaking after bike running for a while..

I have been.using Wix filters for all my vehicles
Never any problems with them.
Don't ask about my experience with Fram.

How lucky! That could end up in a major disaster! :banghead: By the way. Is the "bikemaster" logo is a red/white with a black background? That's some China Cheap stuff man... Never again...

Your Busa was getting all Harley on ya :whistle:

I am glad this all worked out well and that someone alerted you to this before you hit that cloverleaf :please:

I've never had any issues with any filters, and I've used everything from Suzuki to Fram to K&N, but I'll be sure to check that gasket from now on... :thumbsup:

If you go to Amsoil.com you can get a 6 month membership and your oil and filters are much cheaper. They mail it right to the house. The filter is still costly but the oil is cheaper than anywhere else. Also the filter is far superior to any others.

Glad it was caught in time and the truck driver gave you a heads up!! I used to use K&N filters too until I got my full system installed and then the K&N wouldn't fit anymore due to the header pipes not allowing enough room for the bolt head. I even continued to buy them for a while and would cut the bolt head off so it would clear. Lately I've been using Fram, so far so good.

Back