Oil Filter Question

jonhpt2001

Registered
Is there a good site on line to purchase a Suzuki Oil Filter? Or what oil filter do you guys recommend? This isn't the first change on my bike either. I have 3500 miles.

Thanks

I use the standard Suzuki filter from my dealer - around $11. Could be had cheaper but why bother. I change the filer every other oil change and change the oil very frequently (every 1000-1500 miles, full syn Amsoil). I treat my bike well!!

whats wrong with the filters they got at cycle gear

i got one and some oil 15-50 (i havent put it in yet)

should i not put them on?
rock.gif
?

I'm with you on that Rev, I've been wanting to try one out, but there's something that just seems unnatural about reusing an oil filter. I know they can be cleaned, but it makes me uneasy. I'd REALLY like to hear from a board member that's tried one. I know Daddy Fatsac got one and he posted that it looked like a really high quality product, but he was in the middle of restoring his Busa and hadn't ever given it a run test. I'm tempted to bite the bullet and try it out. I hate being the lab rat though :p

I use the K&N. It has a 17mm "nut" on the back for easy removal. I usualy order them from Dennis Kirk in batches of 10 or more. $12 each and if you make more than a $100 order the shipping is free. K&N makes good, high quality stuff, so no worries on the filters.

Later,

Steve

I'm with you on that Rev, I've been wanting to try one out, but there's something that just seems unnatural about reusing an oil filter.  I know they can be cleaned, but it makes me uneasy.  I'd REALLY like to hear from a board member that's tried one.  I know Daddy Fatsac got one and he posted that it looked like a really high quality product, but he was in the middle of restoring his Busa and hadn't ever given it a run test.  I'm tempted to bite the bullet and try it out.  I hate being the lab rat though :p
Yeah, now his starter broke because of the 1507 cc and compression. He hasn't ridden for a year! It was feb or march when his busa went down. I too would like to know about that oil filter...

Back