oil filter

Billy Busa

Banned
Im taking by 08 busa in next week for the 600 mile service.

The service guy said I should have a genuine suzuki oil filter instead of a fram oil filter.

Is there any reason for this or is it okay to install any kind of oil filter?

Fram=FAIL.

The stock Suzuki part rocks. It's built with a rock solid base-plate, it has a quality anti-drain back valve, and a bypass as well. The filter media is also high quality.

I would suggest sticking with stock. There are other quality filters out there, but Fram is not on the top of the list. It kind of defies logic, as they make a damned good automotive oil filter, and their air filters are high quality as well. Go figure.

Fram=FAIL.

The stock Suzuki part rocks. It's built with a rock solid base-plate, it has a quality anti-drain back valve, and a bypass as well. The filter media is also high quality.

I would suggest sticking with stock. There are other quality filters out there, but Fram is not on the top of the list. It kind of defies logic, as they make a damned good automotive oil filter, and their air filters are high quality as well. Go figure.
Thanks
thumb_up.gif

Stock is fine. There may be better filters out there but nothing wrong with the OEM.

--Wag--

Eliminate the guess work, just stick with the OEM. You'd be amazed on how many different models Suzuki uses just this one filter
thumb_up.gif

16510-03G00-X07

why is it that Suzuki only has one spin-on filter and all the others have 4-5 different ones??
lurk.gif

Back