Oil filter replacement interval

mikejmd

Registered
I currently have about 2500 trouble-free miles on my Busa.
The oil and filter were replaced at the 600 mile service.
I noticed that the maintenance schedule called for the next oil filter replacement at 11,000 miles or 36 months.
I ride the bike sanely. Is there any benefit to replacing the filter at more frequent intervals (every oil change or every other change)????

They are cheap compared to the alternative.
It is a cheap form of insurance, so I do it everytime.
They are paper and it does clog, so I don't take the chance.

Me..................... I change that cheap azz filter every time I change the oil. And that's on all my vehicles.

After you pop the fairings off a few times it's gets very easy. Just do it. :thumbsup:

every time a change the oil the filter comes out, Why take the risk beside you feel better w/ yourself.

feel lucky....I change the oil and filter every 1000 miles on the turbo bike. However, I can just pull the oil cooler fairing (3 bolts) and my filter comes off....oil change takes roughly 10 minutes tops including drain time.

stupid question here, but can you get a regualr filter (like wal-mart or auto store) or do you have to get one form the dealership. if you can whats the # on the filter? sorry 4 dumb ?...

busa, gixxer and c50 (pretty all zookies) use the same filter...

girlfriend got a Fram from walmart for her c50...$9.75

I get suzuki one from my dealer for $11

for the price difference I will buy Suzuki.

btw the bike should appear in the oil filter book they have there.

stupid question here, but can you get a regualr filter (like wal-mart or auto store) or do you have to get one form the dealership. if you can whats the # on the filter? sorry 4 dumb ?...

I use Wix..51359 cost $1 less than $12 suzuki filter from my dealer and I get them from O'reilly down the street.

From what I have read ...dont use FRAM.

Change the filter along with the oil, don't leave a filter with dirty oil in it. I use Purolator filters just my preference.

I've been using NAPA filters, whitch is the same as wix but they aren't but maybe a couple dollars cheaper than suzuki. Think i'm goin back to suzuki filters. I always change the filter at every oil change on everything. That's just me but i don't like clean oil running through a dirty filter.

every other oil change for me..

I have a filter cutter (standard equipment when you build motors) I open every filter every time to see what is looming.. As my bike does not see short trips (lots of moisture in crankcase), the oil stays pretty clean and so no carbon or soot in the filter.. no point changing what is working just fine IMO..

The Fram filter is lacking in pleats.. and the Wix seems to be one of the better "non oem" filters.. The OEM is nothing to get all that excited about anyway..

I do have a couple filters from I think Enco? ($5 each) and will cut one open to see how well it is made.. (*pleats and paper quality are the main thing, I would never run a stainless screen unless strictly racing, they stop nothing except large chunks)

Change mine every time I cahnge the oil also. I use a puralator filter. Wix and Puralator are suppose to be the next best under the oem. I have good and bad about fram. So that one is up to you.

since were on the topic.... anyone know of any short filters. (not as long) to prevent the purchase of the $230 relocator. ??

Back