Air Filter Replacement

Warrior58d

Registered
I am trying to install a K&N Air Filter and am flumuxed. I took the old filter out and the filter is like a part of the top. Is it glued in there. Do I just rip the old filter out of the top to install the new one or am I missing something here?
rock.gif

Nope Now we all must laugh at you 4ever!!
laugh.gif
just kidding. We all make mistakes sometimes. (just not that one) muah hahahahahah!!
cool.gif
Ride on warrior!!
tounge.gif

need a pc3r i think
no if you are just changing the filter the bike will adjust fine. If you are changing pipes filter then you should get the max with a PC. You will find that the bike breaths a little better with the filter but the Oxygen sensor and stock computer will take care of some of the air gain.

no doubts.. I remember seeing this exact same post three/four times..

haha

ok, i ripped the old filter off... now what kinda glue do I use to put the new one on with? .. oh wait.. was I not supposed to rip it off the plastic holder thing? [/QUOTE]

the new filter will have a top with it, you dont rip anything apart... if it dont have a top, you have the wrong filter...
Can I just delete this topic.

Kels

iamwithstupid.gif
Sure but we already caught you.  Don't feel bad I am sure that there are at least 100 guys that did the same thing when they had the Buda new.
nope I just stripped one of those screws

heheh....nice. Ride on, Warrior! Better to find out here than on the street at speed.

Back