1st oil change w/o filter replacement?

Anatar

Registered
Greetings all-

I picked up an 08 today and rode about eighty miles with varying throttle and strong pulls up to 5500-6000rpm ("B" setting"), and as many hard engine decelerations as I could safely manage.

Having said that, I think I'd like to hit maybe 150 miles tomorrow and then change the oil. My issue is that the local dealerships may not be open (Sunday), and if that is the case I won't be able to buy a replacement oil filter.

My question is this: is it ok to do my initial oil change at 150 miles without changing the filter? I was thinking that I'll likely do another oil and filter change around 250-300 miles.

What do you think?

Nah, go the 600 miles then throw some Amsoil full synthetic in it with one of their filters.

Good to go.

r8

You can change just the oil if you like. I would stick to dinosaur oil for a couple thousand mi. b4 going synthetic.

You can change just the oil if you like. I would stick to dinosaur oil for a couple thousand mi. b4 going synthetic.
Not required but ok.
winkold.gif

On the Buick I changed to full syn at 501 miles.

r8

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
99'busa @ Jul. 26 2008 said:
1486408[/ATTACH] PM]
Not required but ok.  
winkold.gif

On the Buick I changed to full syn at 501 miles.

r8
YA. they say sticking with natural oil helps with break in better. im sure its pretty minor. but it sure doesnt hurt to stick with it a little longer. thats why i do.

ea. his own.

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

shoot. oil is cheap enough that if it makes you feel better about your motor then do it.
thumb_up.gif

Fram PH6018 oil filter. Available at most automotive parts stores. Been using this filter for almost 5 years on my Busa's.

For community reference:

I decided to change out the oil only (left filter in) at about 375 miles. Color was fairly dark. Two or three flecks of metal found with no fine particulate matter/heavy sludge, that's it. Took it in for the full initial servicing the next day (100 miles later) for $153.00. Runs smoother now, seems to shift 1st-to-2nd much better. Loving it.

Back