Fuel Filter replacement/recall

Had my recall done on the fuel filter and found out that my bike is number 21 off the assembly line,that was what the tech said when he checked his computer anyways the filter did get replaced and I found out that the two hose that come from the gas tank the one with the wire band around it should be coming back to the fue pump first then the other hose follows next.We did have a little problem when testing the bike out,I had a really bad idle and would almost die when backing down in first gear while taking off.We found that a hose was loose some where near the fuel pump,other than that the bike rides normal.I did go for a High speed run on San Thomas and was soon followed by two CHP motorcycle cops,no tickets but they did pass by to check out the bike,one CHP was riding a BMW and the other CHP was riding a Kawi.
For those who want their recall done Grand Prix Santa Clara did a good job.2360 EL Camino Real.Anyways good luck to the rest of the group.

Had both recalls done on my bike yesterday. The white filter in the fuel pump was full of black stuff-the worst they had seen so far. Bike had been running smoothly since I bought it so I guess I was getting close to having a problem. Couldn't really test the power today since the streets are wet around here. Bike may run stronger now but I'm not sure. Will wait for dry pavement. Had my work done at Aurora Suzuki in Seattle. They did a good job in that the bike ran fine both before and after the work. Real nice people there too.

What kind of mileage have you two racked up at the time the cutout became evident, mine was about 2,200 miles. It was corrected a while back and runs great since the service bulletin work.

My bike went in at 2600 miles. I never had a problem though. Bike did a minor "burp" in a traffic jam the other day but didn't quit and ran fine the rest of the day. I was probably really close to having real cut out problems.

My bike went 3000 miles with no problem of cut out,possible one time was when leaning hard into the turn and the bike kinda sputtered other than that no problems.

Back