Don't cheap out on an oil filter....

I paid $7 for a plug and crush washer this year. Didn't cure my problem though. My oil changes were running me $26 until about 18 months ago. Because of the cost of oil my last one was $39. Zuki Filter, Zuki Oil.

Nice PittBull and trailer, you can change that filter very easy without taking the fairings off.

Scrimped on the filter so you could buy more Moonpies?
How did you not check your mirrors and see the smoke?

Very lucky you are and very happy Colton and I are you didn't hurt yourself daddy.
I use rubbing alcohol to clean anything off my tires I worry about.

Nice PittBull and trailer, you can change that filter very easy without taking the fairings off.

My sausage fingers would beg to differ.. :banghead:

Very lucky you are and very happy Colton and I are you didn't hurt yourself daddy.
I use rubbing alcohol to clean anything off my tires I worry about.

Never saw any smoke at all.. :down:

I drink rubbing alcohol to clean out my system.

Do what :laugh:

So I just got an email from BikeMaster and they sent me a UPS prepaid shipping label to send the filter back to them. They are offering me a K&N filter and my choice of oil for my problems..

Stand up company! :beerchug:

Of course they don't offer Amsoil, so now I've got to choose a new oil for next oil change LOL.

Temecula Motorsports ( socal ) wanted $14 last time I checked.

Wally World has Fram filers for $9.97. Fram quality doesn't make me paranoid anymore... it appears they have improved their quality control.

Will check it out one day on the website.... Bob is the Oil Guy..... They test plenty of stuff their with PHD type guys watching over it all.

So I just got an email from BikeMaster and they sent me a UPS prepaid shipping label to send the filter back to them. They are offering me a K&N filter and my choice of oil for my problems..

Of course they don't offer Amsoil, so now I've got to choose a new oil for next oil change LOL.

Tell em you want the Mobil 1 synthetic GT-4 10-40 oil for motorcycles. Normal price is $9.97 a qt at Walmart.

Sorry that happened to ya Steve. Glad you got it quick tho,I cant imagine reading through the rant or the sonic boom I would hear in this area if you hurt your baby.

On another note.......DAMN, I want a moon pie now

Ton of smoke coming out and you had to have a trucker bring this to your attention. Do you ever check your mirrors? :dunno:

sometimes you dont see it, my oil line seperated on my ninja 1000r one time,
never saw the smoke but sure did feel the oil on the rear tire at 70 mph.

Well it was only $6... :banghead:

I contacted them by their facebook page and they want me to send the filter to them. So maybe they actually care. :laugh:

Bikemaster is Tucker Rocky's house brand.

OEM all the way brother

I like the hiflo brand ,,been using for 10 years and no problems. Pretty sure the same place that makes the k&n makes them,,,,same part #
oh and rotella 15/40 :laugh:

Klotz 10w-40 :thumbsup:

I'm glad to hear they're taking care of you. I can see how you might not catch the smoke right away. Since the issue was at the filter, the smoke would be coming off the bottom of the header and very low to the ground. Probably not where your mirrors are aimed. Now if you were to damage the engine from constantly running lean by using an aftermarket system with no tune, then I'd expect you'd more easily see it in the mirrors, as the smoke would be coming out of the muffler(s) at an upward angle. But that's just my speculation...

Any thoughts on using brake cleaner to clean the tire? I've never heard of that before, but would be weary of it after seeing what brake cleaner can do to a piece of plastic. Have you gone back and given the tire a once-over now that some time has passed? Any lingering effects?

Back