Oil filter

Don Hardcastle

Busa Ridin' Sailor (ret)
Donating Member
Registered
Well actually when I searched I came up with at least 6 pages that didn't seem to have anything to do with oil filters.

Anyway, I know you guys said don't use Fram (paper).

So what oil filter?

She went over 3000 miles yesterday and I am planning on going full synthetic. I ride between 900 and 1000 miles a week. Changing the oil shouldn't be a big deal, although I have never done it on a Busa before.

Thanks in advance

Don

+3

Just bought one yesterday. Stock is best. Auto zone was out of my Mobil1 Mx4t though. Can't for the life of me figure out why the local bike shops don't stock this stuff.
I personally use a K&N...the nut on the end is a great help.

Anyway, about the oil. Check at your local Walmart, mine carrys both the Mobil MX4 as well as the V-twin blend. Less than 8 dollars a quart. I havn't been in there yet and they not have it.

+3

Just bought one yesterday. Stock is best. Auto zone was out of my Mobil1 Mx4t though. Can't for the life of me figure out why the local bike shops don't stock this stuff.
You're having the same problem I am. Our local AutoZone doesn't stock the Mobil MX4T anymore either. I've gone to the Maxima Maxum4 Ultra synthetic racing oil. Been good to me so far.

+3

You're having the same problem I am.  Our local AutoZone doesn't stock the Mobil MX4T anymore either.  I've gone to the Maxima Maxum4 Ultra synthetic racing oil.  Been good to me so far.
you can buy your mobil1 mx4t here

I'm not into saving $5 on an oil filter that protects my busa. I have 15K on my 05, and all the oil changes have been done with the stock oem filter with no problems. It's oem for me.

Back