Oils and Filters

rbb213

Registered
Which engine Oils and Filters do YOU use, or prefer to use....I seen many, many threads about oils and filters.....

WE want to know....

There are many debates out there....Put em up...

Yes Fellas/ Females...Its about that time, if you haven't, time to change your engine oil....

What do you prefer?

Synthetic; Why or why not?

10/30..?
10/40...?
5/30...?

OIL Filters..???

etc...etc...etc...You get the picture.....chime in....

Yes, its time for me, as well as, my oil filter.....

Rocky

Brace yourselves...here it comes...OIL WARS!

You stirred up a hornet's nest, Rocky.

For what it's worth:

Mobil-1 Racing 4-T 10W40, and a stock Suzuki oil filter. The reasons speak for themselves
beerchug.gif

Brace yourselves...here it comes...OIL WARS!

You stirred up a hornet's nest, Rocky.

For what it's worth:

Mobil-1 Racing 4-T 10W40, and a stock Suzuki oil filter. The reasons speak for themselves
beerchug.gif
LOL....Thats okay....Im hoping it doesnt turn out that way...

I just want to see what everyone's using out there...Just as I mentioned...Its time for me to change mine...and I wanted to see which oil/filter is preferred...cause naturally, I"ll do the same, till I feel comfy with the products at a decent $$ amount.......

When i see topics about oil and some of the replies , it reminds me of why i buy new bikes .

That along with engine break in topics or websites ----- here's a guy seating the rings
laugh.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
When i see topics about oil and some of the replies , it reminds me of why i buy new bikes  .

That along with engine break in topics or websites ----- here's a guy seating the rings  
laugh.gif

That's sickening to watch. Mobil1 15/50 and OEM filters here.

Last edited by a moderator:
deadhorse.gif
OEM stuff regularly,synthetic if it makes you feel better,done,it's that simple,theres really no magic or mystery to it.

Mobil 1 4T with Puralator Filter! I read a topic that made good since. Why so much metal was in the 1st oil change (after break-in) on the OEM filter? If the filter was great, you would not have that much in the oil at 500 mile change. As well I have read its a carboard based filter that will deposit carborad particles into your engine, so we should stay away from those. So, if this is true and I'm not an expert but I'll stick with the Puralator and or the Mobil 1 filter for that reason alone and run the Mobil 1 oils.
lurk.gif

I'm still less than 1000 miles and not fully broken in so I haven't switched to synthetic yet. Suzuki dino oil and Suzuki filter for now.

Back