Does this bike generate a lot of heat or is it just me?

They do kick up some heat,1-get a Muzzy AL. fan.2-look in the back of superstreetbike mag a company sell a switch kit to turn your fan off and on.3-schintz racing sells a second fan kit pretty cheap.And if have a stock exhaust get a 4into1.:thumbsup:And welcome to the madness!!!

Here are a few pics from the day I brought the bike home. I'm going to have to hide the keys from my 17 month old. He looks at the Viper and looks at the bike and says, "Vroom vroom, dadda! Vroom vroom!" He's learning.

001.jpg

002.jpg

004.jpg

OK first there's no stupid questions here. Everyone has to start as a newb(I'm still one) you started with some good mods that will make the ride nicer. Yes she gets you hot at slow speeds or city driving. I promise once you get used to her and get up into triple digits at warp speed you won't notice that heat. In the summer I run her close to E everytime so I can fill the tank up with alot of nice cold gas. It cools the boys off for a little bit before that gas gets warm. Have fun and welcome to the madness

lmao!!! I do the same thing. :rofl:

Welcome :cheerleader:
It actually feels pretty good when it drops below 50 degrees, which is half of the 9 month riding season here in Michigan(47 at 8am this morning). Basic physics says larger engine=more heat. Different bikes dissipate heat in different ways but I hear the Harley guys complain about it caught in traffic, too. And the ZX-14 is supposed to be worse than the Busa. If I've gotta go in town and it's over 90 I'll just take the Silverado :thumbsup:

Heck, it was 80 degrees when I left the house this morning, but I still rode to work. I don't mind it. Just wanted to make sure it wasn't unusual to get a little hot while sitting on this bad boy.

Grip Puppies and Puig Double Bubble windscreen should be here tomorrow. Looking forward to installing those "comfort mods". I'll probably do the New Image seat as well. I think lowering my butt another inch or so "into" the bike would probably take even more pressure off my wrists. Then, once it's good and comfy, I'll start thinking about the go-fast stuff.

jefro said:
Welcome :cheerleader:
It actually feels pretty good when it drops below 50 degrees, which is half of the 9 month riding season here in Michigan(47 at 8am this morning). Basic physics says larger engine=more heat. Different bikes dissipate heat in different ways but I hear the Harley guys complain about it caught in traffic, too. And the ZX-14 is supposed to be worse than the Busa. If I've gotta go in town and it's over 90 I'll just take the Silverado :thumbsup:

Yup it was a cold ride this morning for me.

Heating is standard on the GENII Busas and AC isnt available. I heard the Hybrid cars are pretty cool to ride in.

Some of the things you have to deal with when your making close to 200HP on a motorcycle.

I will be changing exhaust this winter and that will reduce the heat from the stock exhaust. Those pipes get hot as ____!!

We are now well over a 100 degrees here in the Phoenix area. Earlier this week I noticed the heat on my legs for the first time, but only from the right side. A couple of years ago I had a black ZX-14 and that felt much hotter than the Busa so I'm not complaining. :laugh:

Yeah but this is about the bike being hot not you lol. Once you get back its going to be hot down where you live its already hitting 90s here in Michigan which is unreal for us this early in the summer. 93 tomorrow

I would be careful at high speeds riding without that cowl deflector. I never thought those were so important until my Gen 2. Rode without them before and at high speed, the side fairings blew off. Expensive fix!

Welcome to the org.

Must say I've never noticed my Busa getting hot, even in a lot of traffic around town.

I second this, my 08' Gen II Busa never really gets that hot, and the temperature gauge stays slightly below the half way point. My two 06' Gen I Busas did not get hot either.

I live in Hawaii and traffic is horrible between 0600-0900 and 1530-1900 (normal commuting hrs) it's been rated the worst in the USA consistently. A 20min ride turns into a grueling, knuckle aching, 75min crotch baking heatfest. By the time I get home I smell like I ran 5miles and exhaust fumes. This bike gets hot:flamethrowing::newburn::firedevil::madfire::lol:

Thread revival!!

I think I'm one of the lucky ones. Always thought of both my Busa's as really cool-running. Temps here in Cali are snowing out to 105 at stop light in full leathers. All of us have bought cool vests for the summer months which helps immensely! They are $35 and you can get one at Cycle Gear.

On there Gen-I, lots of us swapped out the stock fan to the Muzzy (mine included), plus there's an occasional thread on hot wiring your radiator fan so you can turn it on at any time.

Wost bike for me was the new Concours when it came out. Famous for roasting your right leg below the knee.

Back