is it legal?!

Last time I checked Oklahoma Highway Patrol is running not only Harley's, but they are also running Hayabusa's.

Took it out for a "feeling out" ride. Got pulled over within 3 minutes last night. He thought my high beam was on! When I told him it was my new HID and only a low beam he said "damn son... that's a bright ass light! Where'd u get it?!" Turns out he has a CBR 1000rr in need of a better set of eyes. Glad there are some fellow riders in law enforcement and on OUR side. Gained a new riding buddy out of it
Posted via Mobile Device

Those lights are very annoying when installed in halogen reflectors. Everyone is gonna do what they want to do, but I took my H.I.D.s back out because of the halogen reflector's inability to control the light scatter.

Last time I checked Oklahoma Highway Patrol is running not only Harley's, but they are also running Hayabusa's.

Thats just a rumer.:laugh: I have no problem with oncoming traffic with my HID, but if you get too close to the rear of cars at night they don't like it.

OHP Busa.jpg

Thats just a rumer.:laugh: I have no problem with oncoming traffic with my HID, but if you get too close to the rear of cars at night they don't like it.

pppfffft... then they shouldn't stare into their review mirror.. there is a day night switch on rear view mirrors and they can adjust their side mirrors as well.
:laugh:

pppfffft... then they shouldn't stare into their review mirror.. there is a day night switch on rear view mirrors and they can adjust their side mirrors as well.
:laugh:

I wish I had a day night switch on my busa. When I'm ahead of semi and omslaw on our rides, they about blind me. Best mod I did on my busa though, hands down!:thumbsup:

I have the 3000K high and low, they are very bright and very white I have had them for about 2 years now. I have been pulled over several times since the install and have never been told anything about my lights. They are too bright but if I annoy people with it atleast they saw me. :thumbsup:

However, I have do keep a bigger following distance.

I'm a very considerate person... except on the lighting department. I too have 6000k HIDs and I'm not ashamed to say that it scatters lights all over the place because of the the halogen reflectors. When I'm at my underground garage I can see the light scatter on the ceiling too. I see bright blotches of light all over the place. :whistle:

It annoys other drivers but I know they have no excuse for not seeing me... especially at night. I have the HIDs for visual alert and the Brocks CT duals for aural. It's like the Red Sea when I'm lane splitting.

I dont ride at night either, i purchased the 55w 6000 ddm so that id be noticed,:thumbsup especially in traffic. :thumbsup:

I wish I had a day night switch on my busa. When I'm ahead of semi and omslaw on our rides, they about blind me. Best mod I did on my busa though, hands down!:thumbsup:

sorry 'bout that :please: i've heard the same thing from quite a few friends on here but i'm not about to pull them out since i could definitely tell the difference in other drivers seeing me too (plus the HUGE difference with all of the night riding i do)...wait until you see what i'm up to now :whistle: :laugh:

sorry 'bout that :please: i've heard the same thing from quite a few friends on here but i'm not about to pull them out since i could definitely tell the difference in other drivers seeing me too (plus the HUGE difference with all of the night riding i do)...wait until you see what i'm up to now :whistle: :laugh:

When we do group night rides, everyone uses high beams all the time except for oncoming traffic. You just need to adjust your mirrors differently.

I love my HID's as well.

I had to adjust them down so I wouldn't blind on comming traffic. Alot of light gets thrown around because our headlight housings wern't made for HID's. Try adjusting them to get the concentrated part of the light on the road.

Yeah I see a lot of bikes out here with them.Its a safety thing just like the flashing headlight relays.Very annoying but effective.I want to be seen day or night.

My big concern ( I have them also) is blinding ppl so that they can't see where they are going for a split second. Every get blinded really bad by an on coming driver? I get flashed with my low beams every once in a while. I need to take them down just a tad and more to the right.

I will never go back to regular bulbs after installing the DDM 35 watt HID's. They are illegal here as well, but for my safety and the obvious benefit of other traffic seeing me, I will run that risk.

I have the DDM 6000k also. It isnt legal, but they are great. The 6000k actually emits more usable light onto the road than the 8000k. Its a better color in my opinion also. Helps u to see and be seen.

I agree! 8000k is slightly purple so unless you're a girl, or you're gay I'd say a little prayer and thank God that they sent you 6000k!

I have an HID kit now, but it doesnt put out the type of light the DDM kit does. I want to order the DDM kit, what size bulbs do I need to order from their site? Do I need to get 2 single kits with different size bulbs or the dual kit. Someone help me?

booyah... my light looks a touch green during the daytime.. but at night it is bright white with a hint of blue. Found out the kit I put in my truck for the head n fogs is 10000K. That's why they're so blue. Pretty sure it's the 12000K that's pink/purple. At least for cagers anyways. But thanks for making me feel like a gay girl!! hahaha

Back