Cure for boredom

STevoVIII

Registered
Hello all,

Had some free time yesterday so I got my 08 up on the dyno for a fun baseline dyno.

Stock airfilter (8,200 miles new)
Stock ecu, no power commander
Yosh R55 full pipe
4" over, ekzzz chain.
dunlop tire (not a light weight drag tire)

=

181whp/108ftft#

I was pretty surprised, best part, without removing the bike from the dyno, same ambient temp, same operating temp, same filter yada yada yada i threw in some gsxr short stacks and made 184/107

A lot of people gave me crap for buying the stacks, but for 50 bucks i figured it was a cheap chance to do some fun r&d. PCV, and pipercross filter should be going on soon, and then a true tune. Shooting for 190whp. I'll keep everyone updated.

Lots of support from everyone on here, so i thought i'd take this as my chance to say thank you! :beerchug:

Best regards,
Stephen Roberts

Dude you got a Dyno just hangin around to cure your boredom? Can i come over?

I've had the pipe on there for 8000 miles. Seems to be pretty healthy, even after a year of riding with that configuration. To be perfectly honest, the stock ecu and the pipe seemed to work pretty well together (drivability was similar to stock). I'm sure there is room for improvement, as with any configuration, but for what it's worth this is better than i had expected. I threw on the power commander, pulled the Ho2S and now i just wait for the filter.

What kind of gains to be usually see from going to a foam type filter and a mild tune? I'm thinking about throwing some new plugs in while it's in there, just for the sake of doing it.

Back