New Headlight Thread

bizzle

Registered
Looking to see better at night

Did some searching, most of the old posts are dead links, and ddm doesn't sell the hid kit recommended anymore

DDM does have some LED kits, but I didn't find any threads that talk about an install

Lights have improved dramatically over the last few years. Any updates?

Looking to see better at night

Did some searching, most of the old posts are dead links, and ddm doesn't sell the hid kit recommended anymore

DDM does have some LED kits, but I didn't find any threads that talk about an install

Lights have improved dramatically over the last few years. Any updates?

Projectors are the way to go or you can go with LEDS.

I purchased the single motorcycle kit give they a call.
There are tons of diy hid retrofits that are easy to do.
Where are the links on diy projectors? I need to do this or have someone do it for me. Anyone on here doing them?

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/carbon-fiber-dual-morimoto-mini-h1-retrofit.190703/

My personal favorite retrofit, but I'm partial... Running dual H1s is better than a 3" D2S for me. If you want to stick with fairly simple, but upgrade then do the single H1. It fits right in place of your low beam bulb, all you need to do is trim the shroud to fit.

No question your retrofit is sweet. Just curious, why are the H1 better? Just because they are easier to fit or is the light output better? I went with the FX-R because I was told they had the best pattern.

No question your retrofit is sweet. Just curious, why are the H1 better? Just because they are easier to fit or is the light output better? I went with the FX-R because I was told they had the best pattern.

For riding I do, double projectors gives me more light. If I rode more back roads at night FXR or D2S would probably be better. But mainly because they were fairly easy to fit them in stock locations. Fitting that D2S was a lot of trial and error for me.

For riding I do, double projectors gives me more light. If I rode more back roads at night FXR or D2S would probably be better. But mainly because they were fairly easy to fit them in stock locations. Fitting that D2S was a lot of trial and error for me.

Ok I was just curious like I said. I actually have 2 of the FX-R projectors fitted that uses the D2 bulbs. Around here even the main highways are back roads. After hitting deer with the busa I wanted all the light I could get. Still love the the carbon fiber work you did on yours, makes me jealous.

Ok I was just curious like I said. I actually have 2 of the FX-R projectors fitted that uses the D2 bulbs. Around here even the main highways are back roads. After hitting deer with the busa I wanted all the light I could get. Still love the the carbon fiber work you did on yours, makes me jealous.

Thanks! To be honest I forgot you did dual FXRs, was it hard to fit the bottom one? I'm equally as jealous to your setup, I can only imagine how awesome it must be! The good part is you could easily add some CF to your setup alot easier than I could add dual FXRs

It was a really tight fit. It was super easy for me though, I farmed out the job. :D The output is awesome I love it.

Back