is it legal?!

myfirstbusa

Registered
Ok... so I installed my HID kit yesterday and it is the brighest light I've ever seen. DDM sent me a 6000k instead of the 8000k I ordered.. but I'm not gonna complain. Everyone I had look at the light says there's no way its legal.. its too bright.. I better never ride toward them.. yada yada. Is my light legal? It DOES seem offensively bright. If someone can tell me how to post a pic I'll show the brightness of it
Posted via Mobile Device

Well technically since these bike are not manufactured with HID's, yes it is illegal. But I have had them, and I dont know of anyone that has ever been ticketed because of them.

Its not legal.. but I highly doubt any police officer would bug you about it. In Canada they do not care about those bulbs on bikes. More of a safety thing for riders. In order to make it legal, you would have to transform your lens into a projector lens. Its doable.

I too have the 6000K bulbs for high and low. Absolutely love em!!

I have the DDM 6000k also. It isnt legal, but they are great. The 6000k actually emits more usable light onto the road than the 8000k. Its a better color in my opinion also. Helps u to see and be seen.

I just installed my low beam HID also,
I had to adjust the head light up so my high beam is about useless.
But the low beam hid makes it worth it..
And I was told in Texas if the vehicle came with HIDs there legal,
but after market is not legal...
Lots of HIDs around here in older trucks and cars..
Mike

no, it's not legal...but then, neither is my exhaust, undertail, horn, LED's, or a host of other things in my life :thumbsup:

I think it was a good mistake on the 6000K. closer to white light and better for you IMHO. I had the blue hids and everyone complaining about a bike around here would say that black bike with the blue headlights. Guess who they called. Make sure you read all the threads on here about low beam failure and interference with gauge cluster.

Don't quote me but I think the guys have figured out that if you push the starter switch in on the Gen II and then turn the key on the headlight doesn't come on, go off, and come back on during start. From what I can tell most of the RF issues are cable routing issues.

Congratz :thumbsup:

I think it was a good mistake on the 6000K. closer to white light and better for you IMHO. I had the blue hids and everyone complaining about a bike around here would say that black bike with the blue headlights. Guess who they called. Make sure you read all the threads on here about low beam failure and interference with gauge cluster.

Don't quote me but I think the guys have figured out that if you push the starter switch in on the Gen II and then turn the key on the headlight doesn't come on, go off, and come back on during start. From what I can tell most of the RF issues are cable routing issues.

Congratz :thumbsup:
Did your co-workers just text ya when they got called? :lol:

Droid Via Tapatalk

Did your co-workers just text ya when they got called? :lol:

Droid Via Tapatalk

They trying to catch me riding dirty. Dude when I ride up town for lunch it's like a parade of popo cars up and down the rode where I decide to eat.

I know, I know, I'm just paranoid. :cookoo:

I probably won't put HIDs on my Gen II because they improved the lighting and I don't ride at night if I don't have to. But if I do it will be white not blue coming at you.

:rofl:
I'm fine with having the blue lights comin at me, its when there behind me that I don't like. :whistle:

Droid Via Tapatalk

My Yamaha FZ1' lights are far better than the stock Busa.
So have DDM 55 watt 6000 high and 5500 low beam.
I have been told it is like a train is coming, but I am on top of my game when it comes to using the high beam. I live in deer country so I'll take my chances with the law. No cop has stopped me yet and I have seen a few.

My Yamaha FZ1' lights are far better than the stock Busa.
So have DDM 55 watt 6000 high and 5500 low beam.
I have been told it is like a train is coming, but I am on top of my game when it comes to using the high beam. I live in deer country so I'll take my chances with the law. No cop has stopped me yet and I have seen a few.

+2 You can never be too safe in deer country. We got a fair share of them here as well. I rode behind 3 cops so far this year at night, none of them bothered me.

Back