Question re: K8 Manual pg 3-11 (pic)

Takeuon

Registered
I must not be doing something wrong. On pg 3-11 in the manual. It appears you have a few different modes you can access & tailor to your liking. Light/Blink/No Light Selection, Light Brightness Selection, Preset RPM Selection, etc.
The only one I'm interested in changing is the Light Brightness Selection. However when I press the SEL button all I'm getting is, it toggling between my ODO, trip1 & trip2 modes. Am I missing a step to see the brightness indicator and access the other changeable modes?
I'm sure it's something simple I'm overlooking. So if you must flame me....my fire suit is on & ready. They don't call us Newbs for nothin' :mwink:
Apologize in advance for the crappy cell phone pic. I'm in my office.

Busa Manual pg3-11.jpg

Theres something where you need to turn the key off and on while holding the buttons down. a couple times to get it to work.

Read the page before this one. I think it describes what to do.

Theres something where you need to turn the key off and on while holding the buttons down. a couple times to get it to work.

Read the page before this one. I think it describes what to do.

I was able to change the clock. I'll try the key thing when I get home. Although I didn't really see where that was explained. Overall I think the owners manual is poorly put together.

Ok, I read through the book again. Its been awhile since I had to do this.

Page 3-10 (Under the Engine RPM indicator) I have no Idea why its there but thats how I found it.

To Enter the Selection Mode. You need to press and hold the SEL button and turn on the Ignition Switch. Hold the button for two seconds to change the mode.

Ok, I read through the book again. Its been awhile since I had to do this.

Page 3-10 (Under the Engine RPM indicator) I have no Idea why its there but thats how I found it.

To Enter the Selection Mode. You need to press and hold the SEL button and turn on the Ignition Switch. Hold the button for two seconds to change the mode.

Awesome! I see that now. It didn't stand out and I was overlooking it, as I'm not interested in messing w/ the Engine RPM indicator.
Thanks Test_Eng....I'll try that process as soon as I get out of work.

Awesome! I see that now. It didn't stand out and I was overlooking it, as I'm not interested in messing w/ the Engine RPM indicator.
Thanks Test_Eng....I'll try that process as soon as I get out of work.
Did you get it? You can change the shift light from flash, steady or off. Also the brightness of the light. I personally don't need it because my eyes are glued to the road. Good luck.

LEFT BUTTON - SELECT ***** RIGHT BUTTON - ADJUST

1. Press and hold the left (SELECT) button.
2. Turn the ignition on, continue to hold the select button down until the instrument panel boots up .
3. Release the select button.
4. Press the right (ADJUST) button one time.
5. A symbol that resembles a lightning bolt will appear.
6. Pressing the right button again will toggle through the shift light settings--- on, flash or off.
7. Press the left (SELECT) button again... one time.
8. Little dots/squares appear - this is the brightness setting for lamp.
9. Press the right button to add more dots - more dots brighter lamp.
10. Press the left (SELECT) button again- tach needle will move to default setting.
11. Press the right (ADJUST) button to move the tach needle to the desired setting.
( 500rpm at a time below 8000 rpm, 250 above 8000 rpm)
12. Press the left (select) button to exit out.

The Japanese manual is written better, but about three times as many pages. They use more words to say the same thing.

For instance: "Great" translates to Japanese as "Fah King Suh Pah" :laugh:

LEFT BUTTON - SELECT ***** RIGHT BUTTON - ADJUST

1. Press and hold the left (SELECT) button.
2. Turn the ignition on, continue to hold the select button down until the instrument panel boots up .
3. Release the select button.
4. Press the right (ADJUST) button one time.
5. A symbol that resembles a lightning bolt will appear.
6. Pressing the right button again will toggle through the shift light settings--- on, flash or off.
7. Press the left (SELECT) button again... one time.
8. Little dots/squares appear - this is the brightness setting for lamp.
9. Press the right button to add more dots - more dots brighter lamp.
10. Press the left (SELECT) button again- tach needle will move to default setting.
11. Press the right (ADJUST) button to move the tach needle to the desired setting.
( 500rpm at a time below 8000 rpm, 250 above 8000 rpm)
12. Press the left (select) button to exit out.

:beerchug:

Back