Is it just me or what?

Rollin20z

Registered
Why do the gen 2 look as if they need to be stretched about 4" to get the symmetry right with the rear wheel being in it's place?

I know it's from removing the big ugly fender but darn. Just looks like it was rear ended now. I always just look at it as it's so damn fast that the main chassis(engine,wheels,frame) is trying to pull out from under the bodywork and leave it behind.:rofl: At least that's what I tell my buddy.

DSCN6424.jpg

Why do the gen 2 look as if they need to be stretched about 4" to get the symmetry right with the rear wheel being in it's place?

I know it's from removing the big ugly fender but darn. Just looks like it was rear ended now. I always just look at it as it's so damn fast that the main chassis(engine,wheels,frame) is trying to pull out from under the bodywork and leave it behind.:rofl: At least that's what I tell my buddy.
I've never really noticed that before, but thank you SOOOO much for bringing it to my attention...it's all I'll see when I look at my bike now.

I've never really noticed that before, but thank you SOOOO much for bringing it to my attention...it's all I'll see when I look at my bike now

Your welcome,:laugh: at least now I know I am not the only one that it urks. In a way I want to extend it so it will look correct but on the other hand don't want to take away from the handling either. ???

Must be me to. I have always thought both Gen 's look kinda weird with the wheel sucked way up to the front. Shoulda been a couple inches longer IMO, like this:thumbsup:

sent from G2 via tapatalk.

4-3-2011-09.jpg

Anyone know or have any experience with say a 4-6" stretch on how much it affects handling? I mean I know there are plenty out there, I am just wondering if anyone recalls the difference between their stock feel compared to say 6" over?

Anyone know or have any experience with say a 4-6" stretch on how much it affects handling? I mean I know there are plenty out there, I am just wondering if anyone recalls the difference between their stock feel compared to say 6" over?

I just did a 6" and I couldn't tell much of a difference riding around town. I haven't got on any aggressive turns yet. All I know is you have to get your shock set up for it. Mines at trac dynamics now getting a new spring and re valved.

Thats why I still have my mud flap. It also looks to me like the wheel needs to be back about 4 inches. I don't like the mud flap but I don't like the look without it. I don't want to stretch my bike because I like to drag a knee from time to time :thumbsup:

Actually, the exhaust can fix this too. The stock exhaust is to dominating and long. Switch to something like dual R77's and the proportion thing is gone. That's one reason I want to stick with dual exhausts, to hide this issue.

I bit of a stretch does also correct the visual problem but you are geting the wheelbase out near goldwing territory:Oo: That's on a bike that is already well outside the "good handling" envalope as far as wheelbase. I suppose if you don't ride fast on the streets at all it doesn't matter how the bike handles, but stretching it can't be an improvement except for drag racing.

DSCN1386.jpg

Actually, the exhaust can fix this too. The stock exhaust is to dominating and long. Switch to something like dual R77's and the proportion thing is gone. That's one reason I want to stick with dual exhausts, to hide this issue.
Oh thank God...you're right! I have R77s, so I went out to the garage to check and yes, they make a huge difference.:thumbsup:

I KNEW there was more to my preference for the dual exhaust look than that, from the back, the single side exhaust looks like a man with an amputated arm!

I think the stock tail looks best with 2" of stretch and don't lose much handling-but you've either gotta get an aftermarket arm or just have the stock one modded as extensions won't let ya just go 2". Here's mine last year at 2" over with a 0-6" MacIntosh arm:

IMG_0306.jpg

I think the stock tail looks best with 2" of stretch and don't lose much handling-but you've either gotta get an aftermarket arm or just have the stock one modded as extensions won't let ya just go 2". Here's mine last year at 2" over with a 0-6" MacIntosh arm:

If you don't mind me asking., what did the Mac set you back? :rofl: Got a link for them?

Back