Is It Just Me Or What?

V-Max 2 Busa

Registered
Is there anyone employed at a motorcycle dealership, parts house or service center that can actually change a tire without gouging up and or scratching the crap out of your wheels? What in the world do you guys with anodized, powder coated or really nicely painted wheels do to prevent this. Took a wheel into a buddy's shop today and when his tech is done there are four scratches and one nasty gouge in the wheel, just fricken fantastic! Is it just me? Am I expecting too much? I feel that this service should be able to be performed without damaging the damn wheel:banghead: What's your experience with this?

:rofl:I feel ur pain. I usually buy my tires from the BMW dealer instead of Suzuki:laugh:, they're cheaper and he knows how to do it right. Problem is they're closong their motorcycle dept. at this dealer, and I'm gettin the last 190/50 they have put on in the morning. Amazing what a cheap plastic cover for the tire tool does.

I took my brand new Busa into the Suzuki dealer for new rubber at about 5,000k. They gouged the rear really badly. The service manager told me to touch it up with some paint. I think NOT> I made enough noise to get a new rim but only after whining in a most emphatic way. Strictly carelessness. Buggers

Never had to deal with that on a motorcycle, but had a few run ins with car wheels.

I took my WELD pro stars in to get a set of tires on the rear for my 69 camaro. I thought it was taking a bit long so I walk around the back to see the monkey, umm I mean "technician", hitting the tire with a freakin' sledgehammer!!!!!

He said that was the only way to get the tire off the rim. I picked them up and left after telling him what he should do for a living and it involved asking "would you like fries with that shake?". :lol:

I take mine to a Local Private Parts store (specializes in HARLEYS) ! It seems that the Harley Dealers or a Bike Store who specializes in them take MUCH more care. Whereas I have found the Honda, Suzuki, Kawi or Yamaha stores just ripe'em off and slap them on. As in, WHAM BAM THANK YOU MAM, NEXT :laugh:

That sucks. I've been saying for years that customer service is gone just about everywhere. The place I take my STI to for work is about the only place I've been to in a while that seems to care about the work and the customer.

Sorry to hear about your experience. I've heard it said before that, "The development and profeciency of most talents come from the realization no one else will do for you like you will do for yourself." Good luck with the next one. :thumbsup: :beerchug:

This seems to be all to common amongst stealerships. The dealership I purchased my Busa from are family friends and have been doing work on my bikes for years and I've never had a problem with any of their work. So I guess you may just need to find the right one.

dealership i go to was good with mine, humm maybe it was becasue i knew the tech

sorry does suck tho that they buggered up your wheel...

Our shop can mount them without damage, but we spent $5 K on a tire machine.:thumbsup:

2 my buddys shops in Evansville can.Machine removes tire from rim+computer spin balence.They wont gouge on it.I got a tire changing tool from schnitz better than screwdrivers.

Back