Just a question to see if it's just me that is crazy.

If she can afford the car she can afford the insurance. Also if she is savvy she can get a hellcat covered under collectors insurance assuming she has another car that's her 'primary'
Collectors insurance monthly is like 60 bucks for bad ass full coverage.

hello-im-din-viesel-welcome-to-the-world-of-underground-2513262.png

My wife got those stupid OB2 insurance nannies for our vehicles a couple years ago, at the time a Corolla, Sorento, and F-250.
And said insurance said we could take them out on occasion(what sense does that make?).
Lmao! Yeah right! I told her the insurance company could go to ****** ****!
No way, no how, not ever, would I willingly give those ***** ******* any info on how I drive, no matter what the petty "discount"(it even took her a couple weeks to give up trying to convince me, she eventually remembered who she married, and that this would never work).
As said here already, it's just another reason for them to deny a claim.
Car pulls out in front of you, "oh, you had been accelerating too fast, and using your brakes too often, we can't cover you".
Insurance companies are extortionists in bed with the feds.
F' em all!

My wife got those stupid OB2 insurance nannies for our vehicles a couple years ago, at the time a Corolla, Sorento, and F-250.
And said insurance said we could take them out on occasion(what sense does that make?).
No way, no how, not ever, would I willingly give those ***** ******* any info on how I drive, no matter what the petty "discount"(it even took her a couple weeks to give up trying to convince me, she eventually remembered who she married, and that this would never work).
Car pulls out in front of you, "oh, you had been accelerating too fast, and using your brakes too often, we can't cover you".
F' em all!
100% agree with this. Insurance and everything to do with it is corrupt and highway robbery! The fact an insurance company can mandate i cover my 17 year old boy on my sport bikes and cars is obscene. He will never touch them let alone drive them! Yet i have to pay regardless.

100% agree with this. Insurance and everything to do with it is corrupt and highway robbery! The fact an insurance company can mandate i cover my 17 year old boy on my sport bikes and cars is obscene. He will never touch them let alone drive them! Yet i have to pay regardless.
Yep! Mandatory as long as they are living in your house. I remember when I turned 17 and went to buy my first mustang. It was $4500 off a car dealers lot. I called geico at the time and they told me insurance would be $4600 a year. Killed my dream right of the bat!

F' em all!
I did it once put it in my second car that I drove only to the store every once in awhile. So it looked like I drove 10 miles a week.

Yep, the insurance companies have us all over a barrel. I asked an agent once why they gouge the young people so much, I mean the young people want to be part of society (most) and get jobs and drive, etc, etc, but the high crazy costs of insurance makes this almost impossible.
He said they are a risk due to their inexperience. I asked how do they get experience when it is impossible to drive to get it?

The wife and I watched American Graffiti the other evening and even she mentioned that this car culture could never be a reality today as the young people could never afford to own a car and insure it.

Back