It's just a couch!

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
LESTER (leaning toward her)
Whatever happened to that girl who used to fake seizures at frat parties when she got bored? And who used to run up to the roof of our first apartment building to flash the traffic helicopters? Have you totally forgotten about her? Because I haven't.

His face is close to hers, and suddenly the atmosphere is charged. She pulls back automatically, but it's clear she's drawn to him. He smiles, and moves even closer, holding his beer loosely balanced. Then, just before their lips meet...

CAROLYN (barely audible)
Lester. You're going to spill beer on the couch.

She's immediately sorry she said it, but it's too late. His smile fades, and the moment is gone.

LESTER
So what? It's just a couch.

CAROLYN
This is a four thousand dollar sofa upholstered in Italian silk. This is not "just a couch."

LESTER
It's just a couch!

He stands and gestures toward all the things in the room.

LESTER (cont'd)
This isn't life. This is just stuff. And it's become more important to you than living. Well, honey, that's just nuts.

One of my favorite scenes from American Beauty. Says so much.

americanbeauty.jpg

I didn't mean to post this in GENERAL BIKE.
This type of philisophical mumbo jumbo won't make any sense here.
PLEASE MOVE TO RANDOM THOUGHTS!  My bad.

i have not seen a blu ray date yet. i have too many blu rays and have not watched them all most of the 80 blu rays and 500-600dvds. that does not count the 1.5tb of blu rays that i have downloaded
firedevil.gif

yeah, more people should see it to be snapped into REAL Reality. People trying to be other things. Harsh to watch but good stuff.

"I can't feel anything but gratitude for every single moment of my stupid little life"

Back