Do you sit on you're bike while you fill it up?

Do you sit on you're bike while you fill it up?

• Total voters
Based on the issue of a fire I am going to make sure I get off from now on. A far as which way gets more gas in the tank it doesn't really make much difference. The empty area above the bottom edge of the filler neck is designed that way on purpose. It allows expansion of the fuel without pushing it out of the overflow when you park it when its still hot. If you want to really fill it full you keep it vertical and keep pumping a little bit at a time and allowing the air to escape. However, I don't think its a good idea especially if its hot and the bike is going to sit for a while.

I always fill mine before going home... that way when its time to ride I can take off without having to stop for fuel.

There is a third option here that I usually do. I stand up and fuel up holding the bike between my legs.

I wonder if the two polls running right now might be related. Do you sit on the bike while fueling and Do your balls go numb while riding. Maybe a third poll is needed. Do you get gas in your crotch while fueling up??:lol:

I typically hop off to fuel. Main reason like many others is to dig my wallet out and if traveling to remove the tank bag & stretch legs / get my butt off the factory torcher style chamber style seat.

There's the odd times I'll have my debt card in a jacket pocket, I'm on a mission / in a hurry and just pull up close enough to pay pump & go.

There is a third option here that I usually do. I stand up and fuel up holding the bike between my legs.

I wonder if the two polls running right now might be related. Do you sit on the bike while fueling and Do your balls go numb while riding. Maybe a third poll is needed. Do you get gas in your crotch while fueling up??:lol:

Look whose posting up :laugh:

Sometimes, depends on how far i have to reach to put my card in. some gas stations have their pumps on elevated cement platforms so its hard to park my bike close enough to reach the debit card swipey keypad thingy. other than that as long as i can reach without having to support too much of the busa's weight (im only 5'8" and 160lbs)ill stay on the bike.

Due to safety reasons, best not to talk on your hp while refilling sitting on your bike.

What is an hp ? talking about a phone ? I have heard this. I have no proof but I would follow this to be safe.

I stay sitting on my bike while re-fueling. As many members stated, sitting on the bike allow more fuel to enter the tank as opposed to your bike on the kickstand leaning. Now, if I'm re-fueling in a area that have been subject to crime, i get off my bike, put the kickstand down, lean the bike against my thighs so the bike is up right while re-fueling. If i have to stop fueling for some unknow reason, such as someone walkin up on me, i can let the bike down on its kickstand. Other than that, i stay on the bike.

Back