Tire flat spots

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
How long do you park your bike, before it goes on stands?

I don't ride much and somehow always end up with low frequency vibration coming through the front wheel. New tires it is gone, but if the bike has been sitting for a while it comes back. Starts around 120mph. As you all know my driveway is miles long, never do this on the street.:laugh:

My bike is always on the stands even if i park it for a day so I don't know. This makes my preflight check much easier.

Mine never sets for longer than a week but my SV has set for a month and I never noticed anything. It weighs approx. 365 lbs. so that may make a difference.

If it's more than a week, I would move the bike by a few inches. What, you don't ride in the winter?

If it's more than a week, I would move the bike by a few inches. What, you don't ride in the winter?

Thx. Lots of riding opportunities in NC in winter, but between work and too many hobbies I ride only a few times a year.

My front stand is head lift, have to loosten the front fender. It is the first gen Pitbull, no forklift parts available. I should probably just invest in another forklift stand.

How long do you park your bike, before it goes on stands?

I don't ride much and somehow always end up with low frequency vibration coming through the front wheel. New tires it is gone, but if the bike has been sitting for a while it comes back. Starts around 120mph. As you all know my driveway is miles long, never do this on the street.:laugh:
:whistle:

I'm always riding mine. You need to stop with the 15 PSI stuff and start putting your ride on stands when you pull into the garage. It's not only bad on tires but wheel bearings as well. Sry if you're the Merz engineer, can't remember everything about everyone. What day is it :laugh:

I'm always riding mine. You need to stop with the 15 PSI stuff and start putting your ride on stands when you pull into the garage. It's not only bad on tires but wheel bearings as well. Sry if you're the Merz engineer, can't remember everything about everyone. What day is it :laugh:

It's one day after blue Monday. :laugh:

I'm still learning, they don't put Merz's on stands. :whistle:

Looks like I am the only one who just parks my Busa and leave it?

Wheel bearings ? :whistle:

During the winter mine will sit for months at a time before I move it (yes, I'm ashamed for being a bad Busa owner). I have a rear stand that I got from the guy I bought the bike from but I haven't invested in one for the front yet. I'm planning on getting new tires in the spring and I will do better with the new set. Scouts Honor. :yes:

2 weeks is the longest mine sits around on the normal side stand don't notice any flat spots on the tyres I do have another bike to ride working on a third bike :laugh::thumbsup:

Back