Pit Bull stands - front facing handle or rear facing handle. Which do you prefer?

Gen3lover

Registered
I've used a Pit Bull stand with a rear facing handle on other smaller bikes in the past, but not on my 586 pound Hayabusa. What stand are you using? Rear facing handle or front facing?
The problem with the rear facing is it's too easy to drop the bike since you're holding it up with one hand on the tail section while you line up the stand with the spools.
The problem with the front facing handle is you can't see the right-side spool below the exhaust so you're blind fitting the stand to the bike.

I don’t have a grab bar on mine but if I did that would be a good idea
I position my body so that the bike is resting against me while adjusting the stand on the spools.

IMG_0798.jpeg

I have the pit bull front handle and like it because I can hold on to the left grip. I have Yoshi slip-ons so I can see both my spools. Pit Bull told me the rear handle will not work on a gen 3 unless you delete the rear fender but I don’t know If that’s true or not. I don’t have a rear grab bar and I don’t trust my self to ballance the bike so the rear handle is out of the question for me.

I also don’t trust myself to balance the bike from the tail. Too much weight and if it starts to go I can’t stop it.
I have an M4 full exhaust so I think the clearance is there

If you’re only wanting to lift the rear, I would get a wheel chock to level the bike and then use the stand to lift the rear.
That method definitely works well, I have the Baxley sport chock and I do just what you’re describing but sometimes I want to spin my front wheel for cleaning and I need to lift the rear first. It doesn’t help that I have arthritis in both thumbs enough that I’ve lost confidence in my grip.

Back