pit bull stand and lowered front

hooken203

Donating Member
Registered
I got a pit bull new front stand last fall so I could do the winter mod project. Now I hear that you cant use it with the front lowered. Sounds like if I lower the front with it on the stand and the tire off that I wont be able to get it off the stand when I am done. True or not? With lowered front what type of stand do I need?

mine was lowered without having to use the stand. i own a front pitbull with fork converter. ur new front stand, to my knowledge only allow u to lift from underneath the triple tree which will be a bit tight on a lowered bike. but it seems to m if u remove the front hugger, u might be able to squeeze the stand in.

Thanks for that info. I thought I might be looking for a new type stand and having to sell this one.

I got a front Pit Bull stand for my lowered busa, and hubby and I couldn't get it to work...basically, the guys we bought it from said we'd have to be able to lift the front up enough to get the pin in, then hoist the front up, but we couldn't make it work...

...ended up taking it back and swapping it for a rear stand...

i wasnt able to slide the pin in under the triple tree neither. the stand that i have is the front stand with converter. so i just use the stand to lift from under the forks. if u still have problem squeezing ur stand under the steering stem, with the hugger remove, i think its best to exchange the new front stand for just the the regular front.

Back