Do You Believe In GOD ?

I tried to read through all 20 pages before commenting...???...but I couldn't do it. I got all the way to :cheerleader: page :cheerleader: 14 before giving up.

This is my statement to the forum. Preach the Gospel, use words only if absolutely necassary. I really don't believe that a person will find the light of Christ by reading some other persons admonitions on a web forum. If anything, debating a persons beliefs to a point where they begin to question their beliefes only serves to kill their faith. I could be wrong (I didn't read pages 14 -20) but I don't think anyone has claimed salvation by reading these posts. Some of us have been strengthened in our unity, others have solidified their stand on their understanding of the world.

As for me, I believe. I believe that God did the things He said He did. I believe that there are contradictions in the Bible because MAN screwed around with it. I believe that Christ lived, died, and lives again. And most of all...When I pray I feel the love of Christ burning inside of me telling me that the things I believe are true.

To each one of us (past present and future) a time comes where we decide for ourselves. God loves us. He lets us choose. I know how I choose, and it's a choice I have to make every single day. If I were inclined to seek out more knowledge and understanding and that led to a discovery that God did not exist...well, lets just say that I hope I never have to cross that bridge. For me, life just wouldn't make much sense.

and in all fairness to an athiest the bible has NO track record.

Time and time again in post after post you've proven yourself to be quite a hot tempered guy when anyone disagrees with your faith so trust me, I have NO expectations for you to provide any useful input.

Do you mean athiests can not see ANY good that has come from the bible?

your misinterpretations of the attitude in my replies is not my concern. I type how I speak and am not "hot" about this at all no matter what the voice created in your head with my words sounds like :)

Some atheists are as closed-minded as some Christians and they are unable to see the values presented in the philosophies of the Bible. Those values can be affirmed in other places which only serves to validate those good things.

There are as many evil things in the Bible as well, just as there are in other sources. It doesn't make the Bible a bad thing but it doesn't make all the other sources bad either. A little good can be had in all evil, or so they say.

--Wag--

if you mean EVIL things like killing and incest, I'll have to go ahead and disagree with you there.... yeah....m'kay? :)

the killing and incest are parts of the 'stories' descibing the peoples' blundering ways, not GOD saying, "thou should kill and do that incest thing"

if I got it wrong, which evils do you speak of?

Nah. You already know which ones they are.

--Wag--

Ok, this thread is getting epic, lets introduce politics, shall we?

The definition of athiest and Liberals are synonymous,

Definition:
Atheist-- a·the·ist (ā'thē-ĭst) / Liberal-- lib⋅er⋅al [lib-er-uhl, lib-ruhl]
1. A person that is so open minded that half their brain fell out.:laugh:

Ok, this thread is getting epic, lets introduce politics, shall we?

The definition of athiest and Liberals are synonymous,

Definition:
Atheist-- a·the·ist (ā'thē-ĭst) / Liberal-- lib⋅er⋅al [lib-er-uhl, lib-ruhl]
1. A person that is so open minded that half their brain fell out.:laugh:

First insult of the thread. I'm outta here!

(Seriously hope you were joking, man.)

--Wag--

Do you mean athiests can not see ANY good that has come from the bible?

your misinterpretations of the attitude in my replies is not my concern. I type how I speak and am not "hot" about this at all no matter what the voice created in your head with my words sounds like :)

That's not what I mean at all...I guess it did sound like that though. I think a ton of good has come from the bible as well as any spiritual text and I think i've stated as much. What I mean by no track record is it's just a book. And as a non believer, I don't see it to be of any more significance than any other book. It's a good read, good points to be taken from it and a lot of silliness that should not be taken from it (that's my opinion, so please don't bash me for it...just explaining the "no track record" comment)

As far as the voice i've created in my head:laugh: (funny, but very accurate comment) I appologize. You use a lot of absolutes and a great deal of rhetoric in some of your comments and i assumed that was coming with a not-so-polite demeanor. I'll try to lighten up the voice in my head...but not so much that you sound girly :beerchug:

if you mean EVIL things like killing and incest, I'll have to go ahead and disagree with you there.... yeah....m'kay? :)

the killing and incest are parts of the 'stories' descibing the peoples' blundering ways, not GOD saying, "thou should kill and do that incest thing"

if I got it wrong, which evils do you speak of?

I'll have to dig the actual book and verse, but God spoke to Moses and told moses to tell all the generals of war and the generals generals to slay every man, child, and woman that knows a mans touch and to keep the women who know not a mans touch for themselves to ravage.

I think that there was a movie about that very thing...:whistle: wasnt it called "28 Days" or something? :poke:

Last edited:
Back