Do You Believe In GOD ?

Your confusion, like most, lies in your preconceptions of the word "theory."

Why can't we be amazed at the wave/particle duality of light while we're trying to understand it?

COULD science possibly be wrong about the BANG? I believe it is POSSIBLE that idea is wrong, but I can not prove it either way [nor do I bother concerning myself with that particular notion really] but maybe the scientific guess is right... what CAUSED it to happen? Just randomness? That idea seems pretty far fetched to me. I just happen to believe it is possible there was more planning than that. No, I can't prove it scientifically... heck, *I* can barely prove why I am alive, yet I am, and am glad for it.

Beauty can be in anything you enjoy. And science can explain WHY you enjoy it via a list of numbers for chemical reactions in the brain - but to me that doesn't really explain WHY I enjoy something. There seems to be another level there... something not scientific behind certain things.... could be the "soul"... I just feel and believe there is more than science can define. And I grew up hardcore science minded. It was FILLING knowledge-wise, but not as FULL FILLING as my "religious" beliefs

In many ways, and a completely different topic, I see science BEING a religion in itself, but I think most scientists would vehemently disagree with that statement.

Perhaps we are all just a part of somebody's dream and when that person wakes up...poof we are all gone.

Maybe we are all plugged into the matrix?

If the bible doesn't contradict itself then how do you explain all the contradictions in the bible?

Oh boy this is where it gets good.. now we aren't talking in generalaties we are now looking at specifics... Lets have it... tell me what is contradictory...

If the bible doesn't contradict itself then how do you explain all the contradictions in the bible?

Tell you what, provide me with scripture passages that contradict each other and I will explain it to you.

I hate it when people say the "bible contradicts itself" but they never provide examples.

Most people say this because it is what they have heard, not what they have personally experienced.

So give me contradictory scripture and we will all examine it together to figure out if it is truly contradictory or if it is just a misunderstanding

Show us one. Because one person says Mary and Joseph were there and another says Mary, Joseph, and John were there....doesnt mean that the first person was wrong just because they didnt mention John. Does that make sence ???

Last edited:
Yes.

When I think of how when we die we are transformed into something different, I think of how silly that sounds.

But Then I think of how the caterpillar and how kind of ugly they are and after living so long crawling around on its belly, makes a cocoon, sleeps then is transformed into something beautiful that is no longer bound by the things that used to bind it, and becomes something totally beautiful and totally different than what it was. I think to myself if such a simple creature can go through this transformation how much more possible is it that us humans could?

When I think of our galaxy and all the planets in it, I consider the "big bang theory" and how there was on huge rock that exploded and thew rocks everywhere to form our solar system.

But then I think how every planet has to be in JUST the right position to be held in place by a gravitational force.

For one big piece of rock to be exploded from a larger piece, and be for the most part perfectly round, and to travel to just the right distance for its size so that a gravitational force keeps it in place while it circles the sun. Seems kind of far fetched, then I think of this occurrence happening 8 more times, with a different sizes of rocks, all for the most part perfectly round, all at just the perfect distance from the sun so that a gravitational force holds them all in place. And how the gravitational force of the moon affects our planet just ever so slightly to have an affect on our oceans so as to make our planet just a little more interesting.

and how the sun provides us perfect light during the day, and the moon and the stars provide us the perfect darkness. It seems almost silly to think this could have ever happened by chance, it is all just too perfect.

Then to think this same scenario has not only happened with one planet, and not only has it happened with 8 planets in our solar system, but it has happened everywhere and that is how all solar systems function. And then I think how crazy it is to ever consider any of it was by accident. the odds are outstanding that this solar system alone could have been made by an accidentall event, but then to think how this process has repeated itself over and over.... I then begin to think it takes more faith to think it was all by accident than it does to believe it was engineered in someway, something powerful and something for a specific reason. then I think how easy it is to believe in God.

I think of the spiritual events that have happened in my life, that meant something only to me. and how as Christians God gives us just what we need when we need it. Not more than we need because we need to grow and we grow by experiencing tough circumstances in our lives. But in all my 46 years of living, it seems that things always get better.

I think of how believing in a God doesn't hurt anyone, and how someone who truly believes in God "usually" is a good person and they try to do right by others, and they TRY to be good to people. and how a person who doesn't do anything wrong to others, and tries to help others and tries to provide encouragement to others, can be so hated, so despised to the point where people become physicaly sick, or are driven to want to attack a person who believes in God either physically, verbally, or emotionally.

it doesn't make sense to me. I know there are bad apples, but people with common sense, who seem to be smart enough to know you cant judge a bunch of people on the actions of a few, seem to do just that.

And it seems that the majority of people who believe in God, regardless of where they live, what bible they have read, where in the world they are located, and if they have read the bible or not, they all seem to have the same kind of deep sense about God, and they have all the same basic beliefs that are felt, not just taught.

And I think about how people who despise Christians and hate Christians, all seem to have the same aggressive hatred and equally despise them and for what? they are dispised because the majority try to help people? try to live what they feel is a good life and try to live by some rules?

And then I think of where the bible says we do not fight against the flesh, but are in a spiritual war.

Ephesians 6:12 reads:

12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms.

And then I realize that it all makes sense, and for a group of people to hate and despise another group of people and want to tear them down and do everything to prove that the God they believe in DOESNT EXIST!!! seems ridiculous, unless of course there is a spiritual war going on that we cant see causing this to be a world wide phenomenon, then I realize there has to be something more going on than we can see. And again the thought that there is a God and there is a spiritual war going on is the only reasonable explanation for something that should not happen on its own with out outside influence in the way of an unseen influence.

And then I think about how when you are doing something in your life that you perceive is wrong and as a Christian you consider it a sin, that it is soooo hard to stop doing. And the harder you try the more difficult it becomes until you finally give up, tell God you cant do it on your own and you need his help. Then you wake up one day and over night you seem to have lost any desire for that thing you used to do.

That is a reference for me was when I used to smoke, I tried so many times to quit. I had smoked since I was 13. Every time I tried to quit my wife would end up buying me a carton and told me to start smoking again because I would become such an a$$ wipe.

Then after years of struggling on my own I have up and gave it to God, and when I was truly broken and realized I couldnt do it on my own, God stepped in and just took the desire from me. I stopped smoking and never looked back. And for cigarettes to have such the bond on it me that it did, and for me to just wake up one day and no longer have a desire for them. for me, it was nothing short of divine intervention.

Anyway, you asked, that is my 2 cents, now I expect to be attacked :laugh:

Very awesome. Thanks.

I'll give ya some contridictions:

The Bible says to be nice, but then recommends we prostitue our daughters, smash babies on rocks and Revlis knew something about hurting people with Swords?

Though shalt not covet they ruling king's hot wife, yeah she all over the guy David. Wassup with THAT? ? ? ?

Yeah. If WE are all so smart and educated and sophisticated in this day and age, why have we not been abel to write anything BETTER than the Bible? All these self help books simple restate the Bible. Just sumpin to think about

As a new member to the org. I appreciate even more to hear that the "leader"/ owner of this site is born again believer in Jesus Christ!!
The Bible tells us that "unless a man be born again he shall not see the kingdom of God." That verse is in John 4.

Earlier in this thread someone brought up the ten commandments and how they are just a bunch of rules and God telling us what we have to do.

Romans 2 tells us that "the law of the 10 commandments are like a schoolmaster that bring us to Christ"

The "sole" purpose of the Ten Commandments are to show us the sin in our life. Many people are offended when someone comes off as religious by telling them they are sinners. Most all people think they are "good" and somehow that "goodness" will get them into heaven. God doesn't have some big scale in heaven to weigh all of our good works and stuff we did wrong.

Do you want to take a test? Do you think you are a good person? Do you think you have kept the 10 commandments?

1) Have you ever lied? If you were honest you would have to say that would make you a liar....
2) Have you ever looked upon a women with lust? The bible calls that "adultery" remember not my definition but the Bibles...
3) Have you ever stolen anything? If you were honest that would make you a thief.
4) Have you ever used God's name as a four letter curse word? The Bible calls that "blasphemy"

So by your own admission you are a lying, thieving, adulterer at heart, who has blasphemed God?

These are only 4 out of the 10---

If you were to be judged by God (not man) based just on what we talked about would you be innocent or guilty?

Based on just what we talked about would you go to heaven or hell? (remember God is a just and righteous God but He is still a judge and must punish--just like a judge in our system would not be a "good or just judge" if he let those that were guilty go without punishment.

If you answered guilty and hell--does that concern you?

If it does the Gospel has been shared over and over already tonight--Jesus and his death, shed blood, and most importantly his power over death in the resurrection--it is not about YOU--it is about what He has done for you.

To recieve Christ there is no special prayer--just a repentant heart (one that wants to turn from sin) and ask for forgiveness and He will be faithful to do that.

If you said innocent and heaven-==just keep going through the law--you see being "good" is subjective--being seen by God as righteous through the death of his Son is objective. When God destroys pride then you will be ready to accept God's grace.

I am excited about my life in Christ---I will not judge unbelievers--I leave that up to God! Not only is owning a busa a blessing being part of this forum is too!

Tell you what, provide me me scripture passages that contradict each other and I will explain it to you.

I hate it when people say the "bible contradicts itself" but they never provide examples.

Most people say this because it is what they have heard, not what they have personally experienced.

So give me contradictory scripture and we will all examine it together to figure out if it is truly contradictory if it is just a misunderstanding

Once AGAIN,......listening and believing the interpretations of MAN. That's where the problem begins!!!!

In many ways, and a completely different topic, I see science BEING a religion in itself, but I think most scientists would vehemently disagree with that statement.

When countries spill blood over the word of science... When scientific instituations are tax exempt... When our currency reads "In Science We Trust".. OR when large scientific organizations start forking out millions of dollars in settlements for covering up acts of child molestations commited by fellow scientists....... I'll believe you. :rofl:

Organized Religion: The biggest fraud mankind ever developed...

Last edited:
And I hate it when people say "the big bang could not have happened because I don't understand the science behind it." So we're in the same boat.

Is the lord good to all or just a few? Is god a god of war or peace? Is wisdom a folly or a virtue? Was Jesus lesser than or equal to "the father?" Did he make man first, or the beasts? The book is full of contradictory statements and to say otherwise is ridiculous. Do the contradictions prove or disprove anything? That is up to the reader to decide, but to claim, as several have, that the bible NEVER contradicts itself on ANYTHING is insanity.

Last edited:
When countries spill blood over the word of science... When scientific instituations are tax exempt... When our currency reads "In Science We Trust".. OR when large scientific organizations start forking out millions of dollars in settlements for covering up acts of child molestations commited by fellow scientists....... I'll believe you. :rofl:

Organized Religion: The biggest fraud mankind ever developed...

PEOPLE used religion to spill blood
"The People" decided to not tax churches.... we blame God for that?
PEOPLE wanted God on our currency - God doesn't print money
WAY more children are molested by NON-Priests than Priests - and there's probably a bunch of scientists in there too

not sure where you are going with this. everything you don't like is people based... NONE of what you mention is Biblical. Like I said, PEOPLE are the ones letting us down, not God

And I hate it when people say "the big bang could not have happened because I don't understand the science behind it." So we're in the same boat.

Is the lord good to all or just a few? Is god a god of war or peace? Is wisdom a folly or a virtue? Was Jesus lesser than or equal to "the father?" Did he make man first, or the beasts? The book is full of contradictory statements and to say otherwise is ridiculous. Do the contradictions prove or disprove anything? That is up to the reader to decide, but to claim, as several have, that the bible NEVER contradicts itself on ANYTHING is insanity.

Still waiting on that scripture contradiction. :whistle: Open the BOOK,.....and read it to us please?? Hurry up........it's getting late:poke:

that the bible NEVER contradicts itself on ANYTHING is insanity.

NO, it's proof it's true. IF we are right and the Bible has NO contradictions....will you believe then? Or is that just the excuse you give yourself? I'm not being confrontational...just humbly asking.

This is pretty much the way i feel also... I wanted to believe over the years...but it just doesn't add up. And after watching my Mother and Father both pass one yr apart at the ages of 61 and 63, from massive untreatable cancer. I just do not believe.Most people that believe will tell you God has a plan for us all. Hmm, what was the plan he had for my dad...Live a good clean life, never drink,never smoke, tythe away 10% of his large income every year faithfully, be a good loyal christian, and die before ever even seeing any of his grandkids, from a horrible nasty diesese. Hmm, I wonder if that was his "reward" for faithfully serving God for all those years?? Basically same story for my Mother too, at least she got to meet and spend time with her grandkids for a few years. And hey, they got to watch her go through 20 bouts of Kemo... all kids should get to see this, don't you think????I had to quit letting them see thier own grandmother because it was too truamatizing for them. Yea... that sounds like a gracious god to me.....

NO, I do NOT believe....

God is beyond this earth and so are we... and as a Christian, I believe that to either be in Heaven or Hell, but either way, though I want to live a prosperous and purposeful life here on earth, I care so much more about my eternity.

I wished you could have met my poor sister-in-law who fought 3 bouts of Hodgkin's Lymphoma before she died at the early age of 29, leaving behind her two young children. I don't know that I have seen someone cry out to Jesus as faithfully as she did - I don't know that I've seen someone so at peace with her disposition and content with the beautiful time she was given here on earth... and so looking forward to meeting her Father above... and being set free from our worldly shackles.

Comparatively speaking, this world doesn't have that much to offer us. Why do we get so bent out of shape over it or fight so hard to make sure we get what's ours... I think because some of us think that's all we have.

how dija get THAT out of what I said?

I don't think anyone here can just give you all the answers in a step by step scientific delivery. Nobody's succeded in doing that for eons. :) But you are welcome to seek like the rest of us.

Back