Did a radiator flush tonight

MC MUSTANG

Peace Keeper or Ban Hammer-it's up to you; IDMBT#9
Staff member
Administrator
Registered
So, there is a riding club in town called Two Wheel Knights (2WK). There are four them who just happen to all have Busas...
Thier website is 2WheelKnights
Anyway, they are all active duty Marines... I met two of them one day at a sporting goods store and they seemed like very decent people.. they told me about thier website, I told them about ours. Anyway, I considered prospecting for thier group, but realized that I didn't have the time to devote that would have been required; however, I did offer up any assistance that I could provide (they probably thought I was a stalker or something) anyway, they called me and asked if I could do a Radiator flush before they went down to Bike Week.. since none of the dealers could fit them in.

Anyway, we had a great time tonight doing a few things... I hope they will be signing on here, we will see. Anyway, so when we are finished, I asked how much they thought the stealership would have charged for the flush.. they told me $140 since the guys had already bought thier engine ice...

HIGHWAY ROBBERY! I still can't believe it... I don't know how people can afford bikes with maintenance costs like that?!?

Anyway, again, I told them all about this place... I hope to see them around.

MCM

Thats cool that you could help them out.. I know what you mean aobut highway robery on the dealer side.. I had a guy call me a day or so ago to do some work to his bike.. They wanted 550.00 to install 2 tires a new chain and adjust the carb on a Ninja 500.. I told him my price and the bike was at my house in 30 min..  he left here paying me 310.00 for installing 2 tires, a new chain, adjusting the carbs, chainging the oil and flushing the front brake line..

Also they wanted to charge him 50 bucks for a inspection on the bike..

I inspect every bike front to rear and give it a good bath before it goes back ot the customer.. Just sad places are gettign away with this.

beerchug.gif
Glad you got to help em out. How did you end up meeting them?

Radiator flush is a piece of cake. Drain, flush with distilled water til clear, replace w/ new fluid, work out the air bubbles squeezing hose and leaning back and forth a little, go for a short ride turning sharply back and forth as if warming the tires up. Run and see if temp gauge stays in safe range.

Radiator flush is a piece of cake.  Drain, flush with distilled water til clear, replace w/ new fluid, work out the air bubbles squeezing hose and leaning back and forth a little, go for a short ride turning sharply back and forth as if warming the tires up.  Run and see if temp gauge stays in safe range.
Yep.. repeated flush cycle three times and found a short in the fan wiring to boot!

Shawn is always willing to help anybody, what a guy...
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif
bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif

bowdown.gif