I did something today

And btw, good on ya, MC. I like this kind of action story.

--Wag--

Shawn,
  Good on ya Capt.  As a Chief, I believe I would have handled that with quite a bit less grace than you did.  Maybe the kids will go back to the base and realize it was thier lucky day.  

Don    
super.gif

Outstanding Sir...
Ambassadors from our country and our service is what I was taught.
Those jokers just needed a little remedial training. Much praise to you for letting it die there.

Man, I would have loved to have been there to see that...
A coupla young enlisted men acting like smarta$$es and thinking you were just another enlisted man trying to correct them...
I bet when they realized a Marine Officer, a Captain no less, was sitting across from them, they about shat their pants...
Lower ranking enlisted tend to fear nothing more than a Field Grade Officer...
Good for you Captain, you did the right thing...

David

You totally made the right call. Nothing used to (and still does) make me angrier than seeing someone bring any type of dishonor to their uniform. I don't care if it is littering. Kudos to you for making things right and teaching someone a valuable lesson.

Shawn, to answer your question of why... Well, I'm a young guy. Maybe I can answer that... They just don't have respect for anyone except themselves... I'm one the few that at least TRIES to respect others as I've noticed...

I think what you did was absolutely in the right.

YOu should not let it bother you and realize that maybe you made one or two of those youngsters think about the consquences of their actions. Maybe one or two of them will now change and aspire to be a leader such as yourself. Maybe nothing will change with any of them, but for that moment in time, your action made the lives of the people there better.

Good job, Marine!
beerchug.gif

Ya did the right thing MC. What troubles me is that as a SNCO, the last 2 "troops" I had to "correct" were CGOs. Didn't get any grief, but I shouldn't have to tell a Lt/Capt to put his hat and shirt on outdoors...

(Wire Dawg @ Oct. 03 2006,00:08) Ya did the right thing MC.  What troubles me is that as a SNCO, the last 2 "troops" I had to "correct" were CGOs.  Didn't get any grief, but I shouldn't have to tell a Lt/Capt to put his hat and shirt on outdoors...
I am in a job where I teach new officers... here's the thing, you take someone who is 22 years old and make them a Lt, they are just getting out on thier own in many cases just like the new enlisted people. When I came into this job, I thought I couldn't be surprised... I get proven wrong pretty much daily. Thanksfor being on the lookout!

Back