Home Security Companies

racerV

Did you say something?
Donating Member
Registered
I am looking for feedback on who you guys use, price, and how you like them. I currently purchased a system from Protect America and have recieved the equipment which I have to install myself. The monthly monitoring is $35 / month with a 3 year contract. They have called me every freakin day since it was delivered and I keep telling them I am not home yet. Finally today I lost it and told them I was going to ship thier crap back to them and cancel my agreement with them if they did not stop calling me. What kind of idiot does not understand simple english? Anyways, I am frustrated and looking for other input on my decision.

Thanks guys and gals.

I have night watch, not sure if it's in your area or not.

Things I have

Window sensors, window break out sensors, motion sensors in basement, upstairs. Door sensors, garage sensors,

I can bee anywhere in the house and tell you whats open by a chime sound, the keypad will also not arm itself if something is opened, also have panic button, also have remotes like for a car but work with the house, I can arm and unarm the house with the key fob, also turn on lights.

That covers the house, not going to get into the weapons, or my ninja skills:laugh:

One Sunday I was washing my car when a cop showed up at my house. He told me he was investigating a burgulary at my house. I told him someone must be playing a joke because I have been home all day. His exact words were "No joke sir, ADT called this in on Wednesday".

I canceled my monitoring the following day.???

ADT, awesome discount for USAA members I pay $15 a month
+1 if you're a USAA member they have a good relation with ADT with some package discounts.:thumbsup:

One Sunday I was washing my car when a cop showed up at my house. He told me he was investigating a burgulary at my house. I told him someone must be playing a joke because I have been home all day. His exact words were "No joke sir, ADT called this in on Wednesday".
I canceled my monitoring the following day.???
My Mother's house has an ADT alarm too. Just a few weeks ago someone tried to break in. I was alerted moments later by both ADT and the Police who were on the scene.

+1 if you're a USAA member they have a good relation with ADT with some package discounts.:thumbsup:

My Mother's house has an ADT alarm too. Just a few weeks ago someone tried to break in. I was alerted moments later by both ADT and the Police who were on the scene.

Residential burgarly alarms are Priority C here. If someone is available they will come right away, otherwise they will do a follow-up. Residential panic, medical and fire will get an immediate response.

The USAA deals are great! :beerchug:

Check with your home owners insurance company, sometimes they have deals or discounts based on who you use. Sometimes you can save more on your home owners than what the security fee costs you... :thumbsup:

How'd you get ADT for $15? They wanted quite a bit more than that when they quoted me thru USAA....

I have monitronic (sp) Been real happy with em got all the bells and whistles, remotes, glass breaks, motions etc. I thought the wife turned it off one morning(if ours is armed and you disarm it will give you a 30 second exit time) well she had done that not turned it off. So i go strolling out in the garage to paint some stuff and no sooner than i heard the alarm go off, my cell was ringing the house phone was ringing and the wife and my mom were calling that they got called for the alarm. No b.s. right out of the whole are you home do we dispatch police etc. i was impressed:whistle:
Mine also has the panics that will call police, fire, emt by the push of a button, all wireless so cant be disabled its a GE system.

Oh and mines 39 a month

Of course when i'm home during the day or if at night the alarm goes off this is the first line of security
:welcome::laugh:
Photo-0558.jpg

Back