Derestricting

Eagle747

Registered
Having seen two conflicting articles in bike mags in the UK I'm now confused about derestricting the new Busa. And wondering why I want to!
Bike magazine says they tried a TRE and a combination of resistors (which is how the old TRE worked) and it didn't overcome the restriction at 186mph. TWO magazine fitted a TRE, an 07 full exhaust system and a Power Commander (and a small rider I think) and claim they hit 200.2 MPH.

So anyone know for sure how to deristrict the new model? Esp without messing up the gear indicator, neutral light and sidestand switch? I've spent a while on Google and can't find anything convincing!

No.. There isn't a stock 1st Gen Busa that can crack 200mph without engine work. A map,pipe and TRE isn't going to do it.

No - I was talking about bike mag reviews of the GenII Busa! One said they'd cracked 200.2 with a TRE and a Power Commander and a pipe - the other one said the TRE didn;t work on the GenII and 200 mph just wasn't possible with only 180bhp at the rear wheel!

Confused of Cornwall

HOW?
rock.gif
?

He did it like this:

<div class="iF-Passage"><div class="QUOTEHEAD">Quote:[/Quote]<div class="QUOTE clearfix"><span class="quoteBegin"> </span>
He added his own Brock's Performance Alien Head exhaust system for maximum power. The bike was also set-up with a Dynojet Power Commander III USB with his "Maxton Mapping" to handle the fueling. Dave Owen also installed an Innovate LM-1 basic and a LMA-3 data acquisition system to aid with track-side tuning.

Then Brock fitted the bike with his own "Ultra clutch" modification kit and a front and rear suspension lowering package. World Wide Bearings provided ceramic bearings and Richie's Tires was the supplier for the high-speed rated Michelin Pilot Power Race tires. The bike was also outfitted with Vortex aluminum sprockets (stock gearing) as well as Spiegler brake lines. The team also used Chicken Hawk tire warmers and a special "Brock modified" Regina 530 chain. The engine was lubricated with Alisyn engine oil and VP-MR9 fuel was used through out the event. Internally the engine was 100% stock and everything used on the bike is available right off the BrocksPerformance.com website which makes 200 mph a reality for anyone with enough guts and talent to ride it.[/quote]

Source: Motorcycle-USA

Still have not seen an answer as to whether Brock had to "derestrict" the bike or not...
lurk.gif

Brock ran a TRE (I mailed him and asked).

He recommended using a speedohealer which I did, but the bike nosed over at 180mph on the dyno. Speedohealer does not work (I had it dialed back to -80%).

I made a TRE and the bike goes way faster than 186 - but course conditions limited me to that speed. Seat of the pants put me at around 195 (actual) when I hit a huge patch of soft dirt torn up by a car that went into a flat spin and dug up the course. It felt like I hit beach sand in the timing traps.

The TRE makes your gear indicator show 5 all the time but it DOES work.

Brock ran a TRE (I mailed him and asked).  

He recommended using a speedohealer which I did, but the bike nosed over at 180mph on the dyno.  Speedohealer does not work (I had it dialed back to -80%).

I made a TRE and the bike goes way faster than 186 - but course conditions limited me to that speed.  Seat of the pants put me at around 195 (actual) when I hit a huge patch of soft dirt torn up by a car that went into a flat spin and dug up the course.  It felt like I hit beach sand in the timing traps.

The TRE makes your gear indicator show 5 all the time but it DOES work.
Maybe the 'smart TRE' in the pther posting in this thread doesn't screw the gear indicator? I've also heard tales that dumb TREs cause fuelling problems cos the bike thinks it's in 5th when it's not - related to raod speed and the ram air system.

The smart TRE would just recognize neutral. I didn't (don't) have any fueling issues with the TRE. It flat out hauls. It accelerates much quicker than my 06' (revs higher too).

Back