EKS I2

MN72Busa

Formerly known as "Zuki"
Donating Member
Registered
Been reading a lot about TRE's - everything from $0.20 resistors to Ivans smart tre / atre. When browsing the boards at sh.org I ran into a thread about a TRE with a gear indicator offered by skindawg. " EKS is the exclusive manufacture of the Intelligent Indicator (I²)".

Looks like the flip of a switch offers custom mappings

Sequence #1 – 3,N,3,3,4,5,6 Close to stock, except no timing retard in 1st or 2nd.
Sequence #2 – 3,N,3,3,4,5,5 Same as above with speed limiter (SL) removed.
Sequence #3 – 4,N,4,4,4,5,5 Closest to stoich with no timing retard and SL removed.
Sequence #4 – 5,N,5,5,5,5,5 TRE w true neutral mapping.

"The above info was obtained from SH.org"

Skindawg looks like he knows his stuff, and was wondering if anyone has used the product and how they like it. Is this unit water proof? Is this the Almost perfect TRE?

EKS I2

He's a real nice guy, he'll even tell you he disables his TRE when he goes to the track...what's that tell you about a TRE? I have no use for the TRE part but I loved his smaller gear indicator so I have it on my bike but bypassed the TRE part.  I don't want my bike to idle rough and loose quickness just for a higher top speed or smoother lower gears.

Just as water proof as the rest of them.  I mounted mine just like he did on his site...silocone behind it and it's water tight.

<!--EDIT|Toyz
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122853544 -->

I checked this out too since I am running 16/42 gears. But it is not plug and play and he shows no price for the piece anywhere on his site. It is pretty slick based upon his descriptions. But Ivans Smart TRE appears to be a snap to install and it has a neutral map also, I believe. I do not know how my SpeedoHealer would interface with a TRE?

Why would going to a more aggressive ignition map make a bike slower? I'm not contradicting, just curious.

He's a real nice guy, he'll even tell you he disables his TRE when he goes to the track...what's that tell you about a TRE? I have no use for the TRE part but I loved his smaller gear indicator so I have it on my bike but bypassed the TRE part.  I don't want my bike to idle rough and loose quickness just for a higher top speed or smoother lower gears.

Just as water proof as the rest of them.  I mounted mine just like he did on his site...silocone behind it and it's water tight.
Why would going to a more aggressive ignition map make a bike slower. Not contradicting, just curious.

Why would going to a more aggressive ignition map make a bike slower? I'm not contradicting, just curious.
Higher gears have too rich a map for the lower gears.
smile.gif

smile.gif
That is why this TRE was interesting because sequence 2 used the 3rd gear map for first and second and has a true neutral map as well as eliminating the speed limiter. So, the question is how much damage would the 3rd gear map do to 1st and 2nd drivability? And how much does the EKS cost?

still there is no need for one period.
you want an indicator, the make them
you want to go faster than 186.
I make a mod.
you want a smooth running bike they make a pc3.
so why do you need this bandaid?

PS Skinner aka skindawg and I are old racing buds. I did the testing for his produst and no HP gain on his bike which he had a PC but just a downloaded map. I played with his PC after he was done and his bike ran alot better.

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122920574 -->

smile.gif
Give me a little more detail, please. What do you mean by "rich." Are you saying the fuel mix changes? With a simple TRE all you are doing is making every gear the same as 5. Are you saying that there is too much timing advance for the lower gears?

Well JC, good question. Im getting sorta torqued that everyone in my area wants to keep my bike for 3 days just to hook it up to a tuningLink and throw on a TRE. Since these guys want me to TRE the thing, I was just looking for the best option if I had to go TRE. What it's starting to sound like is a TRE is a solution for not being able to properly tune the Busa...which become a Bandaid for the tuner. Either way Im paying $300 to $600 for this type of service, and Im not to happy about it. Is it to much to ask for a tuner how doesnt need to rely on a TRE to smooth out the rough spots?

I didnt realize trying to find a "Good tuner" would be so hard. Im not saying the tuners here are bad...no - lots of them have good reps, but I just cant seem to find a tuner to suit my needs / meaning one that will keep the bike for less than24 hours, use more than a tuning link to do their magic, and not insist on a TRE, and cost less than $600 for a damn custom map.

JC, after talking with ya, I know you know your business, and would give a fugin Left nutt to have you tune my bike and possibly do your 186 mph mod - cripe, just to sit down and buy you a beer and absorb some of your knowledge would make my year (I guess at 32 I lead a boaring life...lol)
wink.gif
If I were a rich man, I would be at your place in a few days, but Im not loaded, and the cost of the trip would eat into my tuning $$$ at this point, and you would laugh at my @ss when ya tell me its time to payup, and I have to explain to ya' that Im still having to do dishes at the place I ate breakfeast at because I was tapped out...lol - No use having a fast busa when it's been seized by the Johnnycheese and 1200 miles from home.
wow.gif

smile.gif
Give me a little more detail, please. What do you mean by "rich." Are you saying the fuel mix changes? With a simple TRE all you are doing is making every gear the same as 5. Are you saying that there is too much timing advance for the lower gears?
5th and 6th gear adds more fuel suzuki designed it this way (cheap bastards) to compensate for ram air, the timing part is only under 4K and you would not even notice it.

V. buddy find someone else a tuner that says you must use a TRE is a LOSER.

<!--EDIT|Johnnycheese
Reason for Edit: None given...|1122924305 -->

you want to go faster than 186.
I make a mod.
OK, I'll bite. How much? How hard to install? How to buy? Or is this a "bring it my shop thing."
120.00 tyd exchange
I need your GPS you can do it yourself or bring it to a shop or my shop I charge 50.00 to install it
OK. I think I finally tuned in to all your comments. Your fix doesn't change maps like a TRE, and the fuel mix doesn't change. I have to put a few hundred miles on it. The top end draws me like a moth to a flame.

Then I'll remove the GPS and call you. Your a helpful guy, but a bit hard on the ego :-O

Back