Decided to go turbo

Odyssey

Registered
Finally made a decision of what im going to do, after considering NOS for a long while, I decided to wait and save up the money to buy a Velocity kit from superkaos, or maybe a hahn, not 100% sure about which kit yet, gotta find alot of info about the kits, going to go for about 350hp
biggrin.gif
But i have a year to "learn" the busa, then im going turbo, lotsa research to do, plently of questions to ask, woohoo. can anyone recommend a good 2 stage kit, that they have used?

MET

The Watcher
Registered
same number one question, You going to street this bike or race it?

Odyssey

Registered
What i really want, is a setup with about 350hp, that can ride thru twisties, I not going to extend or lower the bike at all, just a streetable 350hp busa.

btw, i mean eventually take it up to 350, not bolt on for 350 right off the bat

Doc_Busa

Donating Member
Registered
What i really want, is a setup with about 350hp, that can ride thru twisties, I not going to extend or lower the bike at all, just a streetable 350hp busa.

btw, i mean eventually take it up to 350, not bolt on for 350 right off the bat
You don't ask for much do you.... just a 350 hp bike that's still good for twisties..? I imagine you are going to need the self control of Buda to not high side a 350 hp bike coming off a sharp turn. WoW!

Odyssey

Registered
OK, fine, so maybe 350 is a bit much, I think the kit will only go 300hp on pump anyway, so thats about as far as i will go. I not really planing to "attacking" twisties, i just mean being able to cruise thru them at a nice speed without running off the road from the accelleration. I like hp, but im not a moron.

Odyssey

Registered
Wait till you guys see what im working on the plans for, its just for the fun of it but, lets just say it will "blow" away a turbo busa if it is made a reality.

HOG SLYR

Registered
Just to help your planning, mine @ 6psi (about 240HP) and and a stock arm pulls the front wheel (High) in 3rd gear at about 6500rpm just by rolling the throttle on. 300 HP on a stock arm is a handful to say the least in anything less than 5th or 6th gear IMO.

MET

The Watcher
Registered
OK, fine, so maybe 350 is a bit much, I think the kit will only go 300hp on pump anyway, so thats about as far as i will go. I not really planing to "attacking" twisties, i just mean being able to cruise thru them at a nice speed without running off the road from the accelleration. I like hp, but im not a moron.
Just make sure that the Turbo starts spooling up at 4800rpm and you will be fine in the twisties.

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
I'm in the same boat as Odessy here i plan to turbo my bike but wana keep it mostly streetable but yet still kick some butt at the track but i'm a total mechanical whiz and i plan to do the project over the winter months this year get my busa broke in some more and i Live in South Dakota so i have no idea where to go or even look i have done some but i keep comeing to dead ends i'd be more then willing to haul my bike to a place and have them do everything that is neccesary to the bike can you people give me some good suggestion as to where to go or look i guess distance wouldn;t be to bad of a option but i don;t wana have to haul my bike clear across the US unless i knew it was gona have the best work done there.
Thanks all input is greatly appricated