ordered a hahn turbo

gm1300

Registered
i ordered a hahn turbo kit the other day im going with a mild stage one set up with the full exhaust . goanna be about 240 to 250 rwhp . i cant wait to get , the kit will hopefully be here in 2 weeks .

I wish you the best and hope the header doesn't snap and take out your radiator, front tire etc before your engine blows up.

rock.gif

have you heard of that happening ? this tuner by me has done lots of hahn kits on busa's . everyone swears by this guys work

have you heard of that happening ? this tuner by me has done lots of hahn kits on busa's . everyone swears by this guys work
long ago there were photos of a broken hahn header at SH.org. More than one guy has complained of needing to repair or replace the stock hahn header.

here is one of the posts.
unfortunately he pulled the pictures from age of the posting I guess.

i emailed my tuner about this .
he is running a hahn on a 400+ rwhp (well over)

he told me this

I have had a Hahn turbo on my bike for two years so
far, and have built MANY for customers.I have not yet seen a header "snap off".

There is, however, modifications that I have made to
off the shelf kits to make them even better. One of
them involves a bracket that goes from the front of
the motor to the top of the header pipe - I did this
one on my own bike, since the larger turbo I am using
is heavier than normal. This can be made for yours if
you wish, but we are talking about a $200 custom-made
powder coated piece here. Very nice, overkill, and
would definately prevent any header problems that MAY
occur years down the road. If you want one, let me
know -[/QUOTE]

what do you think , should i do it ?

he told me this

off the shelf kits to make them even better.  One of
is heavier than normal.  This can be made for yours if
powder coated piece here.  Very nice, overkill, and
occur years down the road.  If you want one, let me
know -

.[/QUOTE]
I personally think to tell him to buzz off.

Cheapest I have ever seen a NEW hahn kit is $3350 back in the day. You can get a new ghetto or new Velocity kit for $550 more. Both in stainless. Ghetto kit has an external wastegate which is YEARS beyond the Velocity or the Hahn kit.

Dennis is normally grouchy to me, BUT a good product is a good product no matter if the owner is a butthead or not. If you decide to go ghetto instead of a Hahn kit, just tell Dennis exactly this

I was gonna buy a hahn kit but SUZUKI4LIFE said to buy a ghetto kit from that BUTTHEAD Dennis themotorhead

he'll then show me this own personal happiness in probably banning me from his website.
face7.gif

I wouldn't steer you wrong. If budget allows I would advise to to either drive or have your bike shipped to Cleveland to have it installed by the man himself.

he told me this

off the shelf kits to make them even better.  One of
is heavier than normal.  This can be made for yours if
powder coated piece here.  Very nice, overkill, and
occur years down the road.  If you want one, let me
know -

.[/QUOTE]
BTW if he makes 400 hp out of a hahn kit he doesn't have the stock hahn equiped turbo (a super 16g). Ask him about that. Ask him:

What does it take to make 400 rear wheel horsepower (like he claims he has) with a Hahn kit.

He'll need a larger turbo, upgraded fueling setup and he'll hafta mod his wastegate somehow to contain the boost. Not to mention of course a BOV, upgraded motor etc.

I too had a Hahn kit. Base turbo made 330 hp with a 5th injector added, shimmed wastegate and of course on 100% race gas.

Oh yeah, he ain't making 400hp on pump gas.

of course his kit isnt a stage one kit .

this guy knows his #### , i have spoke to a dozen people who have had work done from this guy and have heard very good things .

he has been riding and building turbo bikes for like 20 years .

he has done dozens of busa's , and around my neck of the woods he is the guy to see to mod your busa .

im glad you gave me the feedback on the header though , you can never be too safe .

i am going to have a bracket made that helps support the turbo , a cheap upgrade that may be overkill but it will give me peice of mind

The bracket does sound like a good safety measure however $200 bucks sounds really high...Who cares what it looks like no one gonna see it...

it's going to be a custom billet piece so i think $200 is fair .

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116938059 -->

of course his kit isnt a stage one kit .

this guy knows his #### , i have spoke to a dozen people who have had work done from this guy and have heard very good things .

he has been riding and building turbo bikes for like 20 years .

he has done dozens of busa's , and around my neck of the woods he is the guy to see to mod your busa .

im glad you gave me the feedback on the header though , you can never be too safe .

i am going to have a bracket made that helps support the turbo , a cheap upgrade that may be overkill but it will give me peice of mind

Like I said, I'd like to hear his reply.

20 years with turbos bikes? Ummm 85? ok maybe.

I'm still saying that for a few dollars more you can get a better kit that his "capable" hands should be able to install just as easily. Not trying to knock him, his judgement in what is the best kit is my only questioning. No one else uses the same turbo...why? Because its ineffienct and outdated. The internal gate grow weak easily and leak boost and they allow boost creep extremely bad with very little age. They're problem rone and best avoided.

My final $.02

BTW. My first turbosystem was a hahn kit also.

I also have had

Mr. Turbo
Velocity and now currently
Mcxpress.

Ask him how many different systems he has experience with and remember I am giving you my opinion based on experience and the fact I intend to sell you NOTHING.

he has installed hahn , velocity and mtr turbo . maybe others but these are the ones i am sure he has done. i was open to go with any kit and he didnt pressure me to go with any certain kit . he said for what i wanted to go with the hahn

I just put a stage 1 one my bike 2002
When i had it mapped it made 226 hp and 136ft on just 6 to 7 lbs of boost
biggrin.gif

Back