What brand Of turbo kit

glassmaster

Registered
Hey guys, I havent quiet decided what im ganna do just yet as far as going turbo or bigbore and headwork. I ride this bike mainly on the street in alot of curves. I had intentions on getting a Steadman turbo kit since hes only 2 hrs away from me and he could tune it as well. However I ran across a used Mr Turbo kit and I was wondering how you guys that are running them or know about them think they run? I hear alot about RCC and velocity and I know that there are alot of diff kits that are just a little diff. I just ran across this used kit and thought I would get some opinions b/c I dont like to pass things up and then be like man I shouldve bought it.If your wondering about powerwise, im not really looking to make anything over 300hp at the moment. Honestly Id like to have a big dog 500hp but never had a turbo bike and I just want to get my feet andwet see how it handles the type of riding I do.
hello.gif

Well If I was only 2 hrs away from Stedman i would go with him IMO. I went with a Velocity stage 1 for my 08 it should be here next week.

I would personally stay away from Mr. Turbo kits for the busa, much nicer kits out there, there is a reason you always see used ones for like $1800 etc.

Hey guys, I havent quiet decided what im ganna do just yet as far as going turbo or bigbore and headwork. I ride this bike mainly on the street in alot of curves. I had intentions on getting a Steadman turbo kit since hes only 2 hrs away from me and he could tune it as well. However I ran across a used Mr Turbo kit and I was wondering how you guys that are running them or know about them think they run?  I hear alot about RCC and velocity and I know that there are alot of diff kits that are just a little diff.  I just ran across this used kit and thought I would get some opinions b/c I dont like to pass things up and then be like man I shouldve bought it.If your wondering about powerwise, im not really looking to make anything over 300hp at the moment. Honestly Id like to have a big dog 500hp but never had a turbo bike and I just want to get my feet andwet see how it handles the type of riding I do.  
hello.gif
If your 2hrs from steadman go with them, they use there own or RCC stuff, the TC kit also looks good definatlt stay away from Mr Turbo some do run fast, but have issues others dont, also BE CAREFUL with used stuff to many ifs RCC is second to none Velocity, OK but DEFINATLY need dyno tune before any boost, for the price (steadmans stage 1 kit and his charges for install and tuneing) would be hard to beat, especialy since he's only 2 hrs away

Hey guys, I havent quiet decided what im ganna do just yet as far as going turbo or bigbore and headwork. I ride this bike mainly on the street in alot of curves. I had intentions on getting a Steadman turbo kit since hes only 2 hrs away from me and he could tune it as well. However I ran across a used Mr Turbo kit and I was wondering how you guys that are running them or know about them think they run?  I hear alot about RCC and velocity and I know that there are alot of diff kits that are just a little diff.  I just ran across this used kit and thought I would get some opinions b/c I dont like to pass things up and then be like man I shouldve bought it.If your wondering about powerwise, im not really looking to make anything over 300hp at the moment. Honestly Id like to have a big dog 500hp but never had a turbo bike and I just want to get my feet andwet see how it handles the type of riding I do.  
hello.gif
I forgot to ask, where in Tennessee?...... Knoxville Here ....

hello.gif
I forgot to ask, where in Tennessee?......  Knoxville Here  ....
Murfreesboro here, got some family and a female friend in knox though... Wish I could test your bike out
laugh.gif

yeah, better kits out there then mr. turbo
Not ganna go with Mr turbo now. But let me ask you guys a question. I know with cars you have a electronic boost controller. Would it be possible for me to have something like that for my bike or have it set to where I only get a low boost like 2lbs or somthing 1st-3rd gear and then for 4+ get like 6lbs of boost or someting?

Talk to Smithabusa
www.boostbysmith.com

Boostbysmith builds many busa products including shift lights, gear indicators, gps mods for de-restriction, NOS gps mods for gear based activation, 2 step rev limiters, plug and play accessory power harnesses. ALso sell KPS heavy duty cush drive rubbers.

sales@boostbysmith.com

ams500 boost controller. 2 stages of boost, various ways of activating them. also wastegate spring so it is really 3 stages. for example you put a 4lb spring in the wastegate. 1st gear you just use wastegate so you are at #4. 2nd or 3rd gear you activate stage 1 at #6. next gear you activate 2nd stage which you can program to ramp up whatever # you want (as long as your kit and motor can handle it)

Thanks Greg for the plug
biggrin.gif
Let me know if you need any info on my manual gear based boost controllers, within the next week or so will be building up the first gear based output setups thats plug and play (NO MORE GPS MODS HEHE).

There's nothing wrong with a Mr Turbo kit. Its just older technology. That doesnt mean that the turbo wont make power. When you go see stedman, ask him about that 99 busa with the mr turbo kit on it. Stedmans Turbo kits are pretty good too. You cant beat the price and he is the best in that area for tuning.

When I was looking around for instalers & tuners, somebody somewhere wrote" If you are shopping for cheapest price and closest, stop rite there, you are askin for a pain in the butt. Of course I knew they were wrong.

Back