Dam Thieves,, Gen2 aka Short Bus is gone

Well that just sucks man...sorry for the troubles. I've only been robbed once in my life and it was only a truck battery. A Busa would break my heart...hope you get this mess sorted out...

remember GixerHp

they guy working on your claim in not the one going home to a empty garage
not saying they don't "care" but their loved one is not missing

Kenny i agree, just have no idea where to start looking!

Haven't been here in a while and just read this thread. Sorry to hear about the theft...I can't imagine what it is like having to deal with the theft AND the insurance process. Good luck settling.

Well the saga still goes on, State Farm original offered me 2 weeks after the theft, $10900. Then after i uploaded all my receipts and pics, they got a little better, with $14800.

Im still waiting for more, a few emails back forth to see how much more i can get.

Its a far cry from what i had into this bike. And all because the rep for State farm is Not clear on what is and what is not covered.

All my policies will be leaving that office shortly.

Well the saga still goes on, State Farm original offered me 2 weeks after the theft, $10900. Then after i uploaded all my receipts and pics, they got a little better, with $14800.

Im still waiting for more, a few emails back forth to see how much more i can get.

Its a far cry from what i had into this bike. And all because the rep for State farm is Not clear on what is and what is not covered.

All my policies will be leaving that office shortly.

Sorry for your loss sir. I've been a cop for 12 years and seen too many bikes get stolen. Unfortunately, they're all stolen at night from apartment complex parking lots and when people leave them parked outside their house overnight. I'll park my bikes in the living room before a thief gets a hand on it. :2cents::firing:

Ok so after dealing with State Farm on this claim for over a month now, im stuck settling for way less than i think is fair. My agent told me that aftermarket accessories would be covered, as long as i had proof, receipts, and pics, of everything. Well that is not true. If you want to cover everything, you need to buy more insurance to cover everything.
I have learned a very costly lesson from this, and my agents boss is not happy that im leaving there location.
Word to the wise, make sure you have it covered,, and in writing.
And dealing with total loss departments suks, no one you can deal with directly at all.

Ok so after dealing with State Farm on this claim for over a month now, im stuck settling for way less than i think is fair. My agent told me that aftermarket accessories would be covered, as long as i had proof, receipts, and pics, of everything. Well that is not true. If you want to cover everything, you need to buy more insurance to cover everything.
I have learned a very costly lesson from this, and my agents boss is not happy that im leaving there location.
Word to the wise, make sure you have it covered,, and in writing.
And dealing with total loss departments suks, no one you can deal with directly at all.

So what are you saying? Did/do they not believe you or take your receipts at full value?
I can see the value of a bike going down as time goes by - that is normal I guess. Do the accessories go down in value too as they age?
Did you have pictures and receipts for everything and they are not willing to accept everything you have proof of?

I have State Farm and just yesterday was told the same thing as you - if you have receipts and pictures you are covered. No binders are issued.
If you don't have a receipt you should be able to look it up online and then print it out and that should cover you.

What are you suggesting? That we go to an agent and get a quote in writing that it will be covered for $$$$$$ no matter what?

John is correct, insurance is a contract between two parties. If it AINT in the contract you AINT gettin paid!

The issue is the contract aka policy is written with verbiage that is confusing to the average customer and usually takes an attorney to understand.

So what are you saying? Did/do they not believe you or take your receipts at full value?
I can see the value of a bike going down as time goes by - that is normal I guess. Do the accessories go down in value too as they age?
Did you have pictures and receipts for everything and they are not willing to accept everything you have proof of?

I have State Farm and just yesterday was told the same thing as you - if you have receipts and pictures you are covered. No binders are issued.
If you don't have a receipt you should be able to look it up online and then print it out and that should cover you.

What are you suggesting? That we go to an agent and get a quote in writing that it will be covered for $$$$$$ no matter what?

They looked at all of my receipts, and basically, for a policy there is a set number for what you pay as a premium and that is all you can get.
I have learned that the selling agent doesn't know sh,, .
I did not have the the correct coverage for the dollar amount that was into my bike. Me bad, it's a $5000 loss!
Now onto the agent, the owner of the firm is calling me twice a day, and im not responding. My business is in the process of being moved totally.
That is 4 vehicles, 5 bikes, 2 trailers, and my renters insurance, as well as my garage policy.
Now my premiums will show a vast rise in $$ but my azz will be covered!
As well as all the bikes have GPS trackers on them now.

Its simple - you buy a 10k bike and you insure it with full coverage for say $50 a month.
you dump 10k worth of accessories to the bile you need to call your agent and add those accessories. your premium will now go up.

you cant insure a 10k bike put 10, 20k worth of mods to it and expect insurance to cover you for the same price.
Gotta call and add all those accessories

Its simple - you buy a 10k bike and you insure it with full coverage for say $50 a month.
you dump 10k worth of accessories to the bile you need to call your agent and add those accessories. your premium will now go up.

you cant insure a 10k bike put 10, 20k worth of mods to it and expect insurance to cover you for the same price.
Gotta call and add all those accessories

I think the problem is that his original agent told him that he was covered.

Does your agent know you have a friend in Florida that owns a lot of guns and that he's pissed right now?

Sorry to hear about your bike and the insurance co. isn't helping in easing the pain. Time to shop around.
Can you buy insurance direct instead of using an agent? I'm not sure what value they bring to the table.

So Last Friday im told i will have my check Monday morning, Overnight delivery from Friday. Well time is up. 1 hour and 6 minutes to find out the agent on Friday lied and blew smoke up my azz!

Back