Cycle-tek Co2 Shifter

Had the day off so just finished installing Matt's(Cycle-Tek)CO2 shifter,a piece of cake with Matt's step by step instructions and works flawlessly(as did my last kit from him 8 years ago)!Thanks Matt!:super:

I got mine last week. He changed the bottle valve configuration so need to see what that will do with the room I have or don't have in the trunk. It is an easy install but easier for me since I use to have it so no drilling and tapping......yay for me!!! :super:

Already played with mine a bunch,with the front wheel in the lift vise and the rear up on the Pit Bull I've run it through the gears about a dozen times.:D

I have had to adjust the kill time on his box once but after that never again. Only thing is I do not know what the actual setting was. Do you know what increments of adjustmen

I sure don't bro,other than clockwise increases kill time and counter clockwise decreases it.I may have to play with mine a little this weekend as right now when it's on the lift it seems a little slow/lazy(but only shifting it at 4K rpms,may be different out on the road at 11,500).

I sure don't bro,
other than clockwise increases kill time and counter clockwise decreases it.

I may have to play with mine a little this weekend as right now when it's on the lift it seems a little slow/lazy

(but only shifting it at 4,000 rpms, may be different out on the road at 11,500).

Why in the #3!! would you ring that beast out to eleven thousand RPM ~ when it stops making more power at ninety eight hundred ( SHIFT AT 10 GRAND . )

Dyno%20Sheets%20and%20200-55%20Tire%205-23-15%20002_zpsknuxtlng.jpg

Hahaha I agree, I shifted mine at 10.2k for best ET/MPH but that was only 165hp Gen I at the time

Yea I know the directions but never knew if I was making like 20ms changes or what......it's all good as long as it works. My guess my last setting was at like 70-80ms for consistent brisk shifts

Because it keeps it in the power band from around 9,800 to 11,000.If I shift at 10,000 and it drops back to say 8,500 then the hp drops off and it has to climb back up to 9,600-9,800 before I'm at max hp again.Sounds logical to me Red.:D :firing:

11,000 isn't all that much on a Gen II Red,compared to a Gen I which has less cam,etc.

Last edited:
Because it keeps it in the power band from around 9,800 to 11,000.

If I shift at 10,000 and it drops back to say 8,500 then the hp drops off and it has to climb back up to 9,600-9,800 before I'm at max hp again.

Sounds logical to me Red.:D :firing:

THAT WAS WHEN YOU HAD TO FOOT SHIFT IT WITH YOUR OLD DECREPIT ANKLE ~ NOW YOU'VE GOT A DO IT YOURSELF AIR SHIFT & JUST NEED TO PUSH A BUTTON . . .

maxresdefault.jpg

I went ahead and stuck the solenoid about a foot inside of the fairing for a cleaner look(might cost me a few milliseconds but that's ok:D).

Boy%20and%20CO2%20Shifter%20008_zpsylkztmtk.jpg

Old dog is still hangin' tough despite his health issues,hopin' he'll make it to 14 in April(got it rough doesn't he?:lol:).

Boy%20and%20CO2%20Shifter%20002%20-%20Copy_zpsu88q5qwb.jpg

Back