CYCLE-TEK CO2 SHIFTER KIT.

MR MIYAGI

Registered
<span style='color:blue'></span><span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'></span>WHO'S USING THE "CYCLE-TEK" CO2 SHIFTER.  WHAT IS YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH IT ?  IT LOOKS GREAT ON THEIR WEB SITE (www.cycle-tek.com) BUT, WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ?
race.gif
<span style='color:blue'></span>

problem with co2 is that it has a burst disc. ive seen those tanks pop off then you need a new disc and a refill. i prefer a small compressor and air tank. i myself moded a co2 tank to accept the fitting from an nhra bottle. but you can just as easy make your own tank with a peice of pvc and 2 caps. i have many friends running this setup.

C02 systems are much better than Clumsy compressor and big tank set-ups,IMO. Burst dics and bottle dot reg for 3000psi,would rather have disc pop/ break than bottle explode ,which BTW never occurs.

Cycle-teks systems are very well put together.
200-400 shifts with 9oz bottle

I just completed the install of this piece on my bike. The directions were excellent and it was a piece of cake, albeit time consuming. It took me pretty much all day (8 hours) but I was just enjoying myself not being in a hurry. The whole system is plug and play, the wiring harness comes complete and ready to plug in.

I haven't tested it yet as I didn't get my CO2 bottle filled yet, but when I hit the button both the solenoid and the kill box click so I know I'm in business. Supposed to be mid 50's here tomorrow, hoping to get my bottle filled in the morning and try this thing out - 30 shot of NOS, stock wheelbase and an air shifter - ought to be a hoot!
wow.gif

i use on of matt kits..500+hp at the rear wheel..NEVER A MISSED SHIFT,and a great guy to deal with..any problems or questions,matt deals with them ASAP..hes got my vote,and business from now on...

I use Matt's kit also and never had a problem. It was easy to install, a couple of hours and it was done.
I have mine hooked up as an autoshift also

WOW!
I'm honestly touched by the incredible things you guys have said about my systems and me. You can't put a price on this type of endorsement, with a whole heart... THANK YOU my friends.

Mr Miyagi
Thank you for the interest, and please fee free to ask any questions you wish. I'm gathering the controversary is air tank and on board compressor vs Co2? Well, the fact of the matter is both work. Some people don't care for the extra weight and space needed for the larger bulky air tank and heavy noisy compressor, but there's a lot of guy out there that run them and it's not a concern. I decided to market the Co2 system for a few reasons actually. Yes, you will eventually have to refill a Co2 bottle, but as long as your system is leak free (valves and regulators are tested prior to shipping) you will get A LOT of shifts from one full 9oz Co2 bottle! I always state around 150-185 shifts, but lets just say that's VERY conservative. Being a drag racer myself, weight is a huge issue, especially with the Busa
wow.gif
Garaunteed you'll save 3-5lbs using a Co2 system vs air tank and compressor, and 3-5lbs up high in the tail of a Busa is 1/2-3/4 of a 10th of a second off your 60' time, which might not sound like a lot but it alllllll adds up by the time you get to the end of the track.
I think the best thing I can suggest is just look around and do a lot of searching and homework, price, quality, reliability and customer service is what matters, and the details...ALWAYS ask what makes one system better then the other!

Thanks everyone, and kind regards
Matt Thomas

www.cycle-tek.com

Back