Ordered a airshift kit last week cycle-tek

a little distance is fine. It all depends on how much kill time you're going to have. Hell, you could add 5ft to the line and just add some more milliseconds to the kill time to compensate

Can the bike still be shifted normally..???

Yes it can still be shifted normally.

I set mine up with a 3 position switch under the tail.

Auto (with button shift working also)
off
Button only

There is nothing preventing from manually shifting the bike. The air shifters only upshift anyhow so you have to down shift manually anyhow.

Well my system came in today and all I can say is beau:thumbsup:tifull It will be a couple of weeks before finished still finishing up a custom bracket for an ohlins top mount steering dampner but yeah the kit is missing nothing from what I can see it really is very nice and pretty simple

Need help kill box I have contacted Matt at cycletek but figured maybe someone on here knows the answer just to confirm. I have an MSD SB6 on my bike it has it's own ignition kill wire that when grounded it shuts down ignition for whatever time you set it at. It is a shift kill wire in the instructions anyway wouldn't I be better off using the one from the msd sb6 then the cycle tek one? And what does the ignition kill box do exactly for shutting off ignition it has four yellow wires that you simply hook up to each coil on the colored wire you never cut any wire so what is the colored wires on the coils pulse activators or 12 pos? And on the ignition kill box do the yellow wires that go to the coil ground or 12 pos? As you can see I am having fun no big deal just want to be damn sure of what the heck I am doing:laugh: My guess is I can set the msd ignition kill time and go directly from the yellow kill box wires to the msd kill wire and just set the kill box time super short so I would be useing the msd mili second kill time and the kill box for my air selenoid. Hell I dont know anyway I know how well the org works if someone knows please help or atleast confuse me in some way either way something will happen:laugh:

Thank guys

The yellow wires in the kit are grounding the 12v to the coils so there is no way for them to charge/fire.

Oh Just wanted to add a thumbs up to Matt at Cycle Tek. He set my understanding that it would be two weeks for a kit to be put together for me. He also had it stated on his site, so I was not surprised. He said he just wanted to make sure I knew it wouldn't be available immediately. I did, however receive my kit even quicker than quoted and I'm quite happy with the set up.

Clear communication is very important and I felt he did just that.

Thanks Matt!:thumbsup:

Its a full shot of the MULLET but you can see the shifter. When I went OSD, I had to move the top pivot of the cylinder to the one of the bolts on the OSD plate cover..shimmed and sleaved of course so it moves free but the plate bolt is tight.

Glad your getting it all on.:beerchug:

DSC00854.jpg

The yellow wires in the kit are grounding the 12v to the coils so there is no way for them to charge/fire.

Ok so whitch wires come from the horn button that is graound to the kill box? I contacted MSD and their tech said to use their kill wire just to figure what wire is to a ground to the kill box anotherwords when pressing the horn a wire going to the kill box is a ground all I need to do is find that wire and connect it to the kill wire on the msd and use the kill box from cycle tek just for the air selenoid:thumbsup: Basically it takes most of the need for the kill box out.

Its a full shot of the MULLET but you can see the shifter. When I went OSD, I had to move the top pivot of the cylinder to the one of the bolts on the OSD plate cover..shimmed and sleaved of course so it moves free but the plate bolt is tight.

Glad your getting it all on.:beerchug:

Ok I was always taught the only dumb question is the one never asked.
What the heck is OSG?:banghead:

Ok so whitch wires come from the horn button that is graound to the kill box? I contacted MSD and their tech said to use their kill wire just to figure what wire is to a ground to the kill box anotherwords when pressing the horn a wire going to the kill box is a ground all I need to do is find that wire and connect it to the kill wire on the msd and use the kill box from cycle tek just for the air selenoid:thumbsup: Basically it takes most of the need for the kill box out.

Not sure but I think its a white wire.

I say white wire...cause I not only have the horn toggled to use as the shift botton, but also have a shift light that triggers the the shift too. Launch and hold the hell on...shifting is done by the dialed in shift light. and that lead going back to the kill box is white.

Sweet setup I have a msd shift light but my nos is setup to be controlled by my pc 3 usb and future of shifting also??? I'm getting there I contacted Matt and will recontact him tomorrow no biggy he is great about questions I just figured I would check on here or even could become less lazy and hook up a meter and check for myself:laugh:

Oh what the heck is OSG?:whistle:

Sweet setup I have a msd shift light but my nos is setup to be controlled by my pc 3 usb and future of shifting also??? I'm getting there I contacted Matt and will recontact him tomorrow no biggy he is great about questions I just figured I would check on here or even could become less lazy and hook up a meter and check for myself:laugh:

Oh what the heck is OSG?:whistle:

See above...its OSD not OSG. Out Side Drive....chain is on outside of frame like a drag set up. Large offset sprocket supported by HD bearing in a cover shield connected to the swingarm pivot bolt and the casing like a salve support bracket ( actualy is one ). THe NEW way of running a fatty 330 vs the crappy jackshaft dual chain cog stuff. Its smoother, less maintance, and I gained 5hp and 5 torgue from the change of jackshaft to OSD.

Oh ok yeah raced carts for years the jackshaft does rob alot of power. As far as the large tire doesn't it break loose real easy?

Back