Air shifter and shift light questions

fiend

Formerly fiend44444
Donating Member
Registered
I'm going to need to get an air shifter and a shift light for the track this year. I've done some research and I think I am going to go with a cycle-tek CO2 shifter, but I am stuck on the shift light. Is the boostbysmith completely plug and play? He also has a shift light that will do auto shift with the cycle-tek kit. What are some of theracers opinions about these. I will also take any information on other options as well.
Thanks ahead of time!!!!

Can't go wrong with boostbysmith. If I was doing it over, I would go that route. My setup is a Dyna shift light/minder, MPS box, regulator t'd into nitrous line to step the pressure down for the shifter. You should PM him and talk about your options, you can get rid of your PC3 and control all functions (factory shift light, kill box, maps, raise limiter, etc) through your ECU.

my boost by smith light with auto shift has never failed me. cant go wrong dealing with greg. i also use a cycle tek ignition kill for my shifter. very easy to adjust and have never had a problem.

On a friends bike we put a Muzzy shifter and Launch/Shift/Auto from BoostbySmith on it and it worked like a charm.

The Auto is the way to go.

Thanks guys, I will be ordering the shift light with the auto function soon. Mr Brown the factory shift light is worthless because of the position it is in. If they would have put it on the top or the middle of the cluster it would make it useful. How easy is it to change the rpm for the shift light since it is located somwhere else?

I'm going to need to get an air shifter and a shift light for the track this year. I've done some research and I think I am going to go with a cycle-tek CO2 shifter, but I am stuck on the shift light. Is the boostbysmith completely plug and play? He also has a shift light that will do auto shift with the cycle-tek kit. What are some of theracers opinions about these. I will also take any information on other options as well.
Thanks ahead of time!!!!

Thats a great plan...SAME here. THat combo works perfect everytime for me.

Thanks guys, I will be ordering the shift light with the auto function soon. Mr Brown the factory shift light is worthless because of the position it is in. If they would have put it on the top or the middle of the cluster it would make it useful. How easy is it to change the rpm for the shift light since it is located somwhere else?
The dyna has a separate box with dip switches to set the rpm. I assume the cycletek has something similar.

The dyna has a separate box with dip switches to set the rpm. I assume the cycletek has something similar.

Are the dip switches ON the light or wired somewhere else. I just don't want to have to peel off panels just to change the rpm for the light, especially in the beginning while I am setting it up.

on mine the dip switches are mounted in a waterproof tube that i mounted under my left side filler panel with velcro. (gen1) i can get to it with no tools. programming is a breeze once you get it figured out. gregs instructions and pics for the install and programming are almost fool proof.

on mine the dip switches are mounted in a waterproof tube that i mounted under my left side filler panel with velcro. (gen1) i can get to it with no tools. programming is a breeze once you get it figured out. gregs instructions and pics for the install and programming are almost fool proof.

Thanks that answered my questoin about that. I will be ordering it soon. I will also get you some good pics of the stuff you powdercoated for me. We now have snow again but the bike is almost streetable the way it sits. Thanks again for the replys and for doing quality work!!

I like the boostbysmith lights too.....oh wait......i am biased..LOL

sorry, thanks for the kind words guys :)

Greg

Power and ground are plug and play, then you have to scotch lock or solder onto the tach and clutch signal, wiring is very quick, and harness is made to fall onto a busa.

Are the dip switches ON the light or wired somewhere else. I just don't want to have to peel off panels just to change the rpm for the light, especially in the beginning while I am setting it up.
the dyna ones are on the box, which I have mounted on the left ram air tube. Set it for 250 rpm shy of redline. With an autobox it will just let you know it's gonna shift. I'm not a fan of the autoboxes, but lots of guys love them.

I have boost tube style shift light and launch light. Its plug and play with Cycle tek air shifter:thumbsup:

Teh shift light adjuster is like others said....mounted ontop of left intake tube under inner pannel. The ignition kill is mount on the left side of the tail and access thru the grill if I need to adjsut for some reason.

DSCN1348.jpg

DSCN1567.jpg

DSC00397.jpg

OOPS..the shifter line is not finished up in that pic. The shifter air valve is mounted in front of it just behind the fairing plastic.
Matt @ cycle-tek sold me the kit all except the co2 stuff. I have an onboard compressor for the air ride/ and tank...so I have an air supply already.

Back